NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   oh come on.. not in here???? moderated. (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/26879-oh-moderated.html)

harley 08-28-2007 09:08 PM

oh come on.. not in here???? moderated.

would like some input here. i gave a link to another chat room and it was moderated out. i really have issues with this. each and every chat and support site offers a unique set of people that some are comfortable in and others may not be. the site i offered is mainly audio/video based chat and i know that many like it, but also others dont. what does it matter which site is mentioned? why the deep dark secret? isnt the whole purpose of offering a site is for support?

cmon...

reverett123 08-28-2007 09:16 PM

question

harley-
Do I understand you to mean that you linked to a chat on another site and it was yanked?
-rick

harley 08-28-2007 09:18 PM

bingo.. yep

harley 08-28-2007 09:24 PM

i did get a message...

"I'm sorry, but I had to remove the post in the Parkinson's Disease forum referring to the Yahoo Group's parkinson's disease group because it appeared to be soliciting members to join that online community (which is against our community guidelines).

I appreciate that you were trying to be helpful to the members in that thread, but I believe they were looking to try and get something going here, not on another site. Referring people to another site for their community sort of defeats the purpose of what everyone is trying to build here, don't you think?"

harley 08-28-2007 09:25 PM

now i will probably be 86'd.. nice knowin you guys.. sigh

reverett123 08-28-2007 09:26 PM

any clue as to why?

And keep my rusty old Yahoo group PD Power in mind if a reundevous is needed.

reverett123 08-28-2007 09:29 PM

well i jumped right in it didn't i?

I was replying while the explanation was being posted so I guess I broke the same rule. Given that the group mentioned is dormant I assure all concerned I am not seeking members. I started it as a refuge when BrainTalk went down. Never thought I would need it again.

reverett123 08-28-2007 09:39 PM

I gotta go to bed

so I guess I will have to wait until morning to see what happens, if anything. Boy, the old BT sure made us all jumpy, didn't it?

harley 08-28-2007 11:02 PM

my mouth is sometimes my worst enemy as i have previously stated. i didnt realize it was against the rules to post another site or i probably wouldnt have. of course, i may not have become a member either. my apologies to the lords of the manor.

harley 08-29-2007 06:52 AM

may i post the link? please? i think people should be given the option. if you say no.. i will not bring it up again.. probably cuz i will not be a member