NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Methylcobalamin from Iherb, quick & cheap to Australia (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/28852-methylcobalamin-iherb-quick-cheap-australia.html)

Brian 09-26-2007 03:05 AM

Methylcobalamin from Iherb, quick & cheap to Australia

I received my B12 order from iherb today, which was only ordered one week ago, pretty quick with no problems with customs at all, they opened the box but did not break the seal of the bottle container.
I got the " Natural Factors " brand, 90 x 1 mg tabs, being that our customs only allow 3 months max supply [for 1 person] and that's going by the manufacturers daily recommended dosage, which is one per day with that brand anyway.

Price wise, its extremely cheap at $10.47 [US] & $4.00 [US] delivery [USPS first class International]

This compared to our compounding pharmacies that one wanted $58.00 for 30 x 4mg b12 Methyl tabs and another i contacted that wanted $88.00 for the same, without delivery costs.

So for any Aussies thinking about getting some, this kills our prices by far, seeing most chemists want about $17 for Blackmores 1mg Cynnocobalamin.

mrsD 09-26-2007 07:24 AM

Kool...

I am glad you got what you needed, and affordably and quickly!

One can not beat iherb for value and selection.

Megan 09-26-2007 08:54 AM

Methylcobalamin - extremely cheap!

A couple of questions about the Methylcobalamin. Are they sublingual? Does it state on the bottle/packet what fillers etc. are in the product?

Although the compounded products may be much dearer at least we know that the quality is excellent with good bioavailability. I guess it's worth trying. Will you be able to get your levels done again after using the iherb product for awhile to see if they are holding?

Do you have iherb's url although I can probably find it easily enough?

Silverlady 09-26-2007 08:56 AM

Wonderful!

Brian,
That is great! I will never understand the laws regarding this stuff but I'm really glad you were able to get it at a price you can afford.

Billye

MelodyL 09-26-2007 10:33 AM

Megan:

Here's the one I take. And yes, you dissove it under the tongue.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=117

Go there and look around. There are different varieties of Methyl b-12 in different strengths.

Very very affordable, thank goodness for that!!

Melody

Adastra 09-26-2007 10:41 AM

Brian - I don't know why you only pay $4 postage from Iherb because all international postage from Iherb to the UK is about $25. This applies even when I place an order for just one item in an emergency. For example I placed an order for magnesium of a type that I can not get in the Uk costing $12.16. The DHL international postage was $24.28, just double the cost of my order!!!
Using other couriers would cost almost the same and I prefer DHL. This seems ridiculous but I have no choice.

Tony

rose 09-26-2007 12:34 PM

Brian,

What good news. :) I know you all have been so frustrated for soooo long.

Tony,

Bummer!

Megan,

Get a brand with an excellent reputation. The dose is the important thing, but most if not all will be dissolvable.

rose

Mark._. 09-26-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adastra (Post 152059)
Brian - I don't know why you only pay $4 postage from Iherb because all international postage from Iherb to the UK is about $25. This applies even when I place an order for just one item in an emergency. For example I placed an order for magnesium of a type that I can not get in the Uk costing $12.16. The DHL international postage was $24.28, just double the cost of my order!!!
Using other couriers would cost almost the same and I prefer DHL. This seems ridiculous but I have no choice.

Tony

I use the standard postage offered by Iherb and a single bottle of methyl b12 costs around $12 for postage to the UK, I ordered another bottle the other day and they must have been having a special offer on postage as it only cost $6. This standard shpping method has never let me down and the goods arrive within 7 days. I have ordered from Iherb on 5 occasions and so far the goods have always arrived within the week.

Adastra 09-26-2007 02:55 PM

Mark

Thanks for the info re Iherbs shipping charges to you. I will write to them and try to find out why they have been charging me so much.

Tony

mrsD 09-26-2007 03:00 PM

shipping in the States has gone down too...

I used to pay $6.95, and the last one this month was only $2.95 !