NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Question about Timespan (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/2953-question-timespan.html)

loisba 10-06-2006 08:04 AM

Question about Timespan

(Continued from the autoimmune diseases forum)
Thanks, mrsd, for the link. I've not had time to check it out, yet, but I plan to do that as soon as I post this.
Gabe, I took your advice and tried the regular Mestinon at bedtime, with another 60mg when I had to wake up for the bathroom. It worked GREAT! I feel much better this A.M. than I have. I plan to do this from now on. Plus, yesterday I had a horrible time with my morning pill, had to take 4 of the Donnatal for symptoms of overdose. Granted, I took my morning pill without food, but I just wonder if the Timespan of the night before was still lingering around longer than normal. You just never know exactly how the Timespan is going to work, or how long. :D

Gabe 10-06-2006 02:59 PM

Hi Lois...I think I have alot more of the 'overdose' feelings with the Timespan - lots more GI stuff, sweating, twitching eyelids, etc. it is weird stuff and it seems like it releases in bursts rather than steady. I don't like it but i take it sometimes if I am running low on the regular stuff. It also gets damp really easily so i keep it in the refridgerator.

I just had IVIg and stopped at work to get some things to take home for the weekend. I am starting on my headache and nausea so i am going home to sleep it off! - Wish I had done something more fun to cause this feeling! Oh well, have a fine Friday.
Gabe

loisba 10-06-2006 06:29 PM

Hope you're feeling better, Gabe. Try to get over the headache and nausea. See you Monday when we get back from vacation!!!
Isn't it wonderful having our own forum!

Gabe 10-08-2006 11:38 AM

Thanks Lois,
I always feel like "Wonder Woman" a few days after IVIg...it's Sunday and I feel great, dare I say "normal"? Hope you had a great weekend.
Gabe

loisba 10-09-2006 09:28 PM

Well, I'm back, and will probably have to take tomorrow off to recover from the vacation. We went to Chattanooga and saw Rock City and the Aquarium. The rest of the family also saw Ruby Falls, but I didn't attempt that one since I knew I could never keep up.
We used a wheelchair at the aquarium, and I just loved it. Rock City was fascinating and beautiful also, though I had to "cane" it through. We just piddled along at my very slow pace, getting over when other groups started to back up behind us. I can't believe I made it through, but I did.
Had a great time, but don't want to go so far again. That long of a ride really tired me out just by itself.

snidermame 10-10-2006 02:58 PM

Lois glad to hear you had a good time "but don't want to go so far again. That long of a ride really tired me out just by itself." You sound just like me. Staying home has become one of my favorite places:)

Like your new picture. Who are the people?

loisba 10-10-2006 09:04 PM

That's me and one of my grands. Altogether I have 7 grandkids, and enjoyed very much spending time with all 7 plus my 3 kids, plus their 2 spouses (one is divorced), on the vacation. We camped, and had a wonderful time.
However, next year I think we'll camp out at Land Between the Lakes. It's practically local, maybe an hour away, and beautiful.

snidermame 10-13-2006 06:30 PM

Oh, so that is you and one of your grand children. Very good. Where does the red hair come from? How nice to have 7 grand children. We have one grand child and love her to pieces. They are so precious. Good to hear you had a good time on your vacation.:)

loisba 10-13-2006 06:52 PM

There's a lot of Irish in my background, as well as my husband's family. Plus the girl's father is a red-head, so take your pick!
Getting back to the topic of this thread (:D ), I guess it's time for an update. I've been taking a regular Mestinon at bedtime, and another one when I get up to go to the bathroom, if that happens to be about the right time. It's working a lot better. MUCH better than the Timespan.
Hugs,

snidermame 10-14-2006 07:05 AM

Okay Irish lady.:) I myself have never tried timespan, but have heard it can be tricky. Currently I have not had to used any Mestinon at night. Glad to hear the plain Mestinon works for you at night.