NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Wednesday wants to play, too! (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/30281-wednesday-play.html)

nancy-h 10-17-2007 01:02 PM

Wednesday wants to play, too!

Has Wednesday been a bad day so we don't do a Roll Call? ;)

I slept somewhat better last night. I cannot believe October is over half way to Halloween.

Anyone have any cute (clean) Halloween jokes?

Nancy

Curious 10-17-2007 03:53 PM

:eek: i thought we were skipping wednesday and cheating. :wink:

jk.....

ty nancy. :hug:

Fancylady_2006 10-17-2007 05:21 PM

Hi Nancy & Curious~

I'm not feeling very good today and nothing going on here. We did have a Tornado warning out for our county this evening. We got lots of rain in a short amount of time. More is on the way tonight and tomorrow. I have prayed Georgia would get rain like this, as they are in a drout. Gaye keeps me informed about it. It's bad down there. Lets keep them prayed up, hoping they get some too. It's odd how some get more rain than we need, and others are fined $1000.00 if they water anything outside.
_____
Billie:)

Jomar 10-17-2007 05:31 PM

doing chores and online school stuff - getting things figured out - first time for us to do this so lots of reading and learning for me too LOL

dorrie 10-17-2007 08:26 PM

Hey all! I have had a rough day. I was at the DR with my list of what is wrong with me over the last 2 months. He has started me on a new diabetes med...glyburide, just a small dose along with my metformin. I told him ok as long as I will not gain any weight as I am having a hard time losing it. He says it will not make me gain...hope not. My biggest issue for quite a while now is a problem with swelling in my tummy. The upper tummy, under my chest right down to my lower right abdomen. I think my colon or intestines or something keeps swelling. Creates alot of gas and discomfort. When I am doing the dishes if I press against the sink with my tummy it hurts. Anyway I can try to self diagnose all I want but he will not even guess...he will just send me for an ultrasound.

Enough rambling for tonight....have a good night all!:grouphug:

froglady 10-17-2007 11:01 PM

Big Hug Dorrie! :hug:

dorrie 10-18-2007 07:11 AM

Thank you Sweetie....I needed that!:hug:back at ya!:hug:

bizi 10-18-2007 09:16 AM

Do you have an ultra sound scheduled Dorrie?
I am sorry that you are having this pain...sounds curious doesn't it.
and I am hoping your glyburide halps you to control your blood sugars.
I have heard that the south beach diet is very good for diabetics have you ever looked at it?
thinking of you....
bizi

dorrie 10-18-2007 06:10 PM

Thanks Bizi...you're a doll! I am going to call and book the ultasound tomorrow. I wonder if tremendous stress is a factor. I posted a long post in Thusdays roll call about it. I am starting the new pills tomorrow. I have never been on the SouthBeach diet but i DID DO Atlins once. I find it hard to get into but after a few days I was OK. However I was very strict on it and had those keytone strips....I had myself in a state of keytosis fr long perids of time and would begin to feel dizzy...then I would go off the diet for a bit and then go at it again...eventually I was diagnosed with t2 diabetes? I do not know if the diet haed an impact on it or not??? Have a good night Bizi!! thank for being there!:hug: