NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Fiberowendy (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/3058-fiberowendy.html)

snoozie 10-06-2006 10:01 PM

Fiberowendy

I think that is how her name was spelled. Has anyone heard form her? I miss hearing about her tortoises. She was on the weight loss forum with us and I keep looking for her name here...Sue

Doody 10-08-2006 06:03 PM

Maybe she is at BrainTalk forums again. I haven't seen her either.

snoozie 10-10-2006 10:42 PM

I looked over there and didn't see her. I have not joined the old BT. I didn't look everywhere though:D . She used to post on our weight loss forum so I was wondering if she was around or if anyone had seen her anywhere else on another fibro board. Oh well if anyone hears form her let her know we miss her. Thanks...Sue

ZombieSlayer 10-11-2006 04:34 AM

There is one fibrowendy here...

http://forums.braintalk2.org/member.php?u=19

Wittesea 10-11-2006 10:13 AM

I have her email addy.... I'll send her an email letting her know about this thread :)

fiberowendy2000 10-11-2006 10:50 AM

Hi! I am here.....Liz just emailed me the link to this thread. Its been a rough time this summer and fall.
I haven't been able to exercise like I have wanted to and have gained back some of the weight I lost way back. Not happy about it. Unfortunately, I can't really go to the gym right now. About a month ago, I had my first rhizotomy(aka Radio Frequency Ablation) in my left lumbar area and in a couple of weeks I will be getting my right side done. So the recovery has been slow and I've been laying on the couch quite a bit. Unfortunately my depression has come back full blown because of this adding to the problem. Last week, I have been given the tenative diagnosis of Bipolar 2 disorder and given Lamictal (which makes me extremely tired) to try and see if it helps.
So I have been very busy and not really up to going to check out the boards. To be honest, I thought this one was going to be shut down because the original BT was back up. I haven't been able to log on with my screen name there yet...there seems to be a problem. So I haven't been able to post there.
But I am okay just struggling a little. Sorry for dropping out on you guys.:o

snoozie 10-11-2006 10:57 AM

Hi Wendy, good to "see" you again. We are also on the weight loss forum here. If I had any computer geek in me I could post the link to it but I am not that puter literate. It is good to see that the old gang is coming back together. You were missed around here...Sue

Wittesea 10-11-2006 11:04 AM

Wow, you are quick!

It's nice to see you here :)

I would write more, but my head is pounding, so I'll be back later with a proper reply....

Liz

PS - just so you know, the old braintalk did not restore the database when it came back online, so everyone has to register like a new member before they can post..... but selfishly I hope you stay here at our new forum :)

fiberowendy2000 10-11-2006 01:56 PM

Yeah Liz. I know. I re-registered but for some reason it isn't working for me. Maybe they don't want me back. :D

Wittesea 10-12-2006 09:54 AM

LOL It didn't work for me either, so I had to try again and make myself Wittesea*.

What I wanted to type yesterday was about the bipolar diagnosis.... I was diagnosed with bipolar several years ago and put on mood stabilizers, etc... Then a few years later the diagnosis was 'downgraded' to cyclothymia (a milder form of bipolar) and then the doctors decided that I don't have a mood disorder, but rahter my mild mood changes are due to my physical body changes (energetic when no pain is low, depressed when pain is high).

I'm not trying to suggest that your doctors are wrong about the bipolar, I just wanted to let you know that I have 'been there done that' with being diagnosed and the mood stabilizers, etc...

I do know that when I was diagnosed with bipolar that I was having mega mood swings, and the mood stabilizers really helped....

The bipolar forum here has a lot of great people who are very supportive and have a lot of information and experience....

In my experience, it's so hard to balance the physical with the emotional and the mental - and then balance the meds for all of them. For me when I was diagnosed as bipolar, it was also hard to figure out the mood swings in terms of what is anxiety and what is bipolar, and what was just normal life mood changes.... but talking about it really helped.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you here and posting. Let me know if you need anything :)

Liz