NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Riva has passed away (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/31020-riva-passed.html)

Bernard 10-28-2007 11:00 AM

Riva has passed away

Birdbomb talked to Claude late last night.

It is with heavy heart, that I inform everyone that Riva, AKA POSITIVEPERSON and Fourstar on other forums, has passed away. She had a grand mal on the 26th while she was alone and Claude found her later. They tried to resisitate her but it was too late.

He is sending her body back to New York for burial. They had no children and no family.

She will be missed.

Birdbomb 10-28-2007 11:39 AM

Thank you for posting this Bernard, I thought I.

Riva's kind words of support and her geniue care of others will be sorely missed.

Chemar 10-28-2007 02:01 PM

I just saw the thread on forum feedback here about Riva. :(

my deepest condolences.

Cheri

Darlene 10-29-2007 01:14 AM

It is so sad when we lose a dear one we have been around for some time. My prayers and thoughts are with Claude, family members and dear ones on the message boarfers she was on.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Darlene
:grouphug:

Dmom3005 10-30-2007 07:38 AM

I knew Riva as Fourstar in EFA. She always was one of the first to ask me
how Derrick was doing.

She was good at supporting, giving and wanting to help. She will be missed.

Sending Claude, and all those on all the forums she visited support.

I know that I've lost a true friend.

Donna

miriam 10-31-2007 08:20 PM

I too used to chat to fourstar on efa. She helped me a lot. My thoughts are with u Claude.

Tiger_lilly07 11-01-2007 01:00 AM

I am truely sorry to hear about Riva. My memory isn't that great so I can't remember if I talked to her but my thought's and prayers are with friends and family. :hug:

Birdbomb 11-03-2007 08:15 PM

I just printed up all the threads from the different forums and will be sending then to Claude Monday morning.

At this time I would like to thank everyone for their contributions and for allowing Claude the opportunity to see how many lives Riva touched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/Thanks54.gif

Tattoo 11-04-2007 10:17 PM

I am so shocked to find this thread. I am also am very sorry for the loss of one who really advocated for those of us with epilepsy. I first met Riva as Fourstar on the EFA Board. She very much wanted us to have an organization that truly advocated for us without other agendas and one that we could always count on. My hope is that we all work toward and achieve that one day. She'd be proud. She will be sorely missed, but her strength and passion will help us to persevere. Thank you, Riva. Tattoo

Birdbomb 11-11-2007 12:30 AM

Claude called me this evening. He recieved his package of all the wonderful posts everyone had done from all the different sites I had posted about Riva and was blown away!

He had no idea how many people Riva knew and he was amazed by all the responses.

Claude said several people had requested photos of Riva so what he is going to do is create a CD with photos of Riva in places they had been and are special to the both of them. He has give me permission to post these images.* They will be posted on my site to protect them.

As soon as the CD arrives I will post those images, so now we will be able to place a face with that wonderful warmhearted Positive Person!

Claude also wanted to say thank you for all the cards. He was not expecting so many from people he did not know. The E community has come together and helped eased this man's grief. I am so porud to know so many fine and caring people. Thank you all for showing Claude how much you cared about Riva.

*any images of Riva and/or Claude posted by anyone other than myself is a vioaltion of of their privacy. They do not have consent and are in violation of the law.