NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Surgery in Morning (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/33638-surgery-morning.html)

Rachael 12-10-2007 02:59 PM

Surgery in Morning

HI everyone,

thought I would give you an update. I am in Halifax now. Had pre-op today and surgery is at 2pm tomorrow.

They gave me a list of things I can and can't do. Nervous about the pain control. They will provide me with the meds, no pump.

I will let you know how I make out.

Rach

Jomar 12-10-2007 03:45 PM

Best of luck Rachael,
I hope all goes smoothly for you.
Be sure to ask (or demand if needed} for more pain meds if you are hurting.
Hopefully they will accommodate you if you're in need.

momzpeachy 12-10-2007 04:03 PM

I wish you the best tomorrow. Keep us updated on how you are doing (when you can). Don't push yourself ...take it easy. I guess I will be in your shoes soon.

watsonsh 12-10-2007 04:03 PM

Best of luck Rachel.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery. :hug:

Be good and easy on yourself.

JAMY 12-10-2007 06:46 PM

Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

Bi-Coastal 12-10-2007 07:51 PM

Good Luck Racheal,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Do insist on whatever pain control you need. You are the only one who knows what you need.

I hope you will have someone with you as an advocate when you are feeling weak...(and you will, off & on for several weeks).

Warmly,
Anne:hug:

Rachael 12-10-2007 08:03 PM

Thanks Guys

I appreciate all the warm wishes and prayers. I am nervous as heck!!! lol

I will take one moment at a time....thats all I can do right??

Hey a question though....

when you get one side done, does the other side flare up from all the activity??

Rach

DDayMBB 12-10-2007 08:26 PM

Rachel... all th best to you.. as said prior keep us posted and do not be afraid to ask to ask for mor meds need be

Jomar 12-10-2007 10:20 PM

you asked- "when you get one side done, does the other side flare up from all the activity??"

I haven't been through it - but I suppose it depends on a lot of factors.
I think if you keep to the basic minimum and only do necessary uses you should be off to a good start.
You wouldn't want to risk messing something up, focus on the healing at first.

Do the gentle ROM motions -they should show and tell you about those and when to start doing them before you leave the hospital.

I guess I'm saying take one day at a time and see how it all goes for you and how you are feeling.

LinJane 12-10-2007 11:25 PM

Rachael Make sure you have someone with you if you can. Demand medication when needed. You won't need it forever but when you do, take it. Best of luck, you are in my prayers and best wishes!! Linda