NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Christmas Wish List (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/34219-christmas-wish-list.html)

Sissy 12-18-2007 01:17 PM

Christmas Wish List

I thought I would start listing my wishes. I suspect that everybody here has similar thoughts. All I want this Christmas is to get up without a headache and to get my confidence back. To be able to drive my car without fear of getting rearended would be great. To walk through stores without feeling like a zombie and worrying about things falling on my head would be great. Getting hugs from people without fear of getting my head bumped would be wonderful! Hiking in the woods on steep little trails would be awsome.

PCS McGee 12-18-2007 01:22 PM

"a complete recovery"

Yep... that's about it. :wink:

jeffn 12-18-2007 04:23 PM

Christmas Wish

To ALL: My Christmas wish is for all who post here and all who suffer with TBI/PCS to find a solution to their mental dis order and enjoy the good in life.

Peace Jeffn

Lucy 12-18-2007 04:47 PM

My Christmas Wish

I too wish us all a "complete recovery" and for you PCS McGee a "very, very complete recovery". Not worried about the 2 front teeth - as in the song....

Hugs everybody and thankyou all for being there

Lynlee

Dmom3005 12-18-2007 05:52 PM

Sending all the wishes for what they want.

I would like to request one extra add. I have out of control
asthma too. I need some relief. So for me it would be nice
to get some control too.

So hope no one minds me adding this to my list.

I have a walking stick now, its my christmas present to myself.

Donna

RisibleGirl 12-18-2007 10:45 PM

What a great thread!

My wish is that I finally learn this lesson* and I don't need something worse to happen to me to "get it".

*Lesson being, not being kind to myself, being an overachiever, letting pride get in the way of a lot of things, the need to prove how smart I am to everyone, the need to be perfect, not allowing people to help me (the list goes on to infinity- but I suspect you get it by now).

My wish is that if/when I finally do get this lesson- I'm magically taken back to the way I was before all this happened, with a new understanding of what's really important.

I also wish good healing for every dear person in this group. :grouphug:

froglady 12-22-2007 12:25 AM

My wish is to be able to accept what has happened to me and to be able to stop talking about it to everyone. I feel the need to constantly explain myself. And the biggest wish is to be able to complete a task, such as cooking, without making so many goof-ups, spill-downs, burn-ups, ...and on and on and on and on! :eek:

RisibleGirl 12-22-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froglady (Post 179220)
I feel the need to constantly explain myself.

Count me in on that too! That's one of those things that I just blurt out all the time. "Here's why I did 'x'" and then some oversharing. Yech.

I hope you get your wish! :)

Nancy F 12-23-2007 09:06 AM

I am thankful you have all found each other and I thankyou for all the help you have given me this year dealing with my son's PCS and I wish you all a recovery in 2008! You are all wonderful and bright and intelligent! Carry on in your pursuits to wellness!

jeffn 12-23-2007 11:18 AM

NancyF

To Nancy Thank you for all your help, encouragement and support for those of us who suffer with this dis oder.

I hope your son experiences a complete recover from his head injury.

Take Care Jeffn