NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   A Prayer for Pakistan (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/34762-prayer-pakistan.html)

Chemar 12-27-2007 09:57 AM

A Prayer for Pakistan

after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan today, I pray that this will not escalate into catastrophic violence because of the grief, shock and anger that many are now feeling. It is such a volatile and pivotal region of the world with so many people who feel very strongly about their faith and their politics.

I hope this thread will not become political, as its intent is to rally prayer from all concerned members. I respectfully ask all that respond to remember that we have many faiths and members from all over the world, who are all welcome here.

please join me in praying for Pakistan today.
thank you

Alffe 12-27-2007 10:04 AM

:( I'm going to try my very best to keep my opinions to myself and since the only possible thing I can do that might make a difference is to pray....I'm praying. Thanks Cheri.

KathyM 12-27-2007 01:16 PM

Thank you Cheri

I watched an interview with her last month, and it was obvious she cared very deeply for her country and people. The people of Pakistan have my prayers.

shiney sue 12-27-2007 03:52 PM

I

agree we must pray and reach out to the Pakistan familys,who live here.
Oh it's sad. Sue

Silverlady 12-29-2007 01:17 PM

Prayers for their loss

I'm just adding my prayers for their loss.

Billye

Idealist 12-30-2007 06:13 PM

I've been trying to keep track of events in Pakistan since the assassination took place, as well as praying that it doesn't lead to anything else that's terribly unfortunate. I have a lot of respect for the Pakistani peope, even though our ideals aren't always the same. You have to give them credit for backing up their beliefs.

Thank you, Chemar, for reminding us of this. As a country with 100 nuclear weapons, what happens in Pakistan is definitely important to us all, and there is also the humanity involved. I'll keep on following events there and praying for the best outcome possible.

clouds z 12-31-2007 02:15 AM

seems bad there and in usa too

i think usa is divided into ten groups that maybe dont hate each other but everyone seems so annoyed and apathedic

pakistan will calm down i think-usa will just get poorer and more depressive

all the polticians running are a joke i think except edwards maybe and fred thompson

people swooning over obama the guy who says hes agianst the war but he may have to bomb pakistan-what a joke

Chemar 12-31-2007 12:42 PM

Hi clouds:)
I think there is good and bad everywhere and hopefully more and more good people will lead the way to make things better for their people.

I do hope tho that we can keep this thread more as a prayer focus, as we continue to pray for stability in Pakistan, and for all those who are grieving....others died too in the bomb blast.:(