NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Weekly Check-In Dec 30, 2007-Jan 5, 2008 Happy New Year! (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/34906-weekly-check-dec-30-2007-jan-5-2008-happy.html)

stevem53 12-29-2007 09:50 PM

Weekly Check-In Dec 30, 2007-Jan 5, 2008 Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone..And a Happy New Year to you all!

I dont do anything special on New Year, except cook some sea food, and go to an AA meeting

We has some rain this past week, and all the snow is gone, and that is fine with me..I went out in the boat yesterday and brought the rest of my traps home, so that is a done deal

I called the lawyer twice this week, and had to leave a message..and havent heard back from him..I am now beyond angry, and at the livid stage, and depressed over it, and I dont get depressed easily, but this jerk has really gotten my attention, and on Jan 2nd the **** is gonna hit the fan and break the blade..The angrier I get, the more pd makes it worse, and I get to the point where it makes me want to jump out of my skin..I guess the New Year isnt off to a very good start for me

How was your week?

MKane 12-30-2007 10:02 AM

How about those Patriots? 16-0

maryfrances 12-30-2007 03:43 PM

hi

Happy New Year everyone!!

Mary

vlhperry 12-30-2007 03:45 PM

Hi Steve

How frustrating for you to be forced to wait so long for the estate to go through probate. I remember when I divorced my first husband. I just wanted a clean break. I asked for no alimoney, left custody of our 3 boys to him and trusted him to allow me plenty of visitation rights, and signed a quit claim deed to my ownership of the house because of my inability to pay child support. My lawyer dragged his legs and constantly urged me to change my mind and ask for support. What could have been completed amicably in a few months took a year and a half.

My week has not been a skate in the park either. I was referred to an endocrinologist who found a lump the size of a marble in my thyroid gland. Within 2 days I was at the hospital having a biopsy and now I will have to wait 10 days for the results.

Empathy, sympathy, and blessings,
Vicky:hug:

oyster 12-31-2007 01:29 PM

happy new year!!!!!!!!!

hi folks,
i,ve beenn lurking for a while, past couple months, my nyr is to keep up with my social contacts in a more regular fashion. i've always tended toward isolatimg in times of stress and the past couple months have been a doosie. however, i am optimistic and looking forward to a new year!:D
i would like to go to a pd connference this year, maybe pan, dc, in febuary, any suggestions?

vlhperry 12-31-2007 09:23 PM

Hi Oyster

I would suggest you might check with Paula. She is very active in advocating for Parkinson's disease. You might check quick links to find her Grassroots web site.

Sincerely,
Vicky

kman 01-01-2008 08:31 AM

Happy New Year

It is now 2008....Wish everyone the best year:)!!!!

Eric aka kman

GregD 01-01-2008 10:21 AM

Happy New Year to everyone. Here's wishing everyone the best in the new year.

GregD

paula_w 01-02-2008 03:05 PM

oyster

I am just reading this thread. I would recommend the PAN forum - they are talking about some newer issues now and have great speakers [researchers, FDA, clinical trials, etc.] They do give scholarships but the deadline to apply is today.

If you are interested, go to http://parkinsonsaction.org and click on Forum 2008. There is a registration form to send in, or if you want to see if they will give you a scholarship to go, download scholarship application, fill out and return today. All the information you need is in the scholarship and application downloads - it can be emailed back. It's actually pretty short to fill out.

Hope to meet you there,
paula