NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   Sugar and Headaches (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/35546-sugar-headaches.html)

XJNate 01-07-2008 03:02 PM

Sugar and Headaches

Has anyone else discovered that refined and liquid sugar causes their headaches? after struggling for years I found that sugar has had a profound affect on my level of fatigue and eliminating it has essentially cured my migraines.

N

Vowel Lady 01-08-2008 10:32 AM

Eliminating sugar has not cured my headaches, but I do feel that reducing my intake and eating properly overall has been helpful. I'm sure blood sugar levels and other factors can play a role. I feel in my case, my body seems very sensitive to food and other environmental triggers. Some doctors encourage their patients to keep and study a food journal. I think it is awesome that you have gotten a lot of improvement! Thank you very much for sharing this and for your encouragement. :)

XJNate 01-08-2008 01:37 PM

Yeah I've made other dietry changes in the past that have improved my life in other ways and may have contributed to reducing my headaches as well. I'm gluten free and in general eat very well. Last summer I started to notice that my sugar intake was seeming to cause a lot of problems, this was by keeping a log of what I was eating and sticking to safe foods. Since eliminating a majority of it I rarely get them now and over xmas of course I was bad and sure enough I went through 3 days solid with a migraine. Though other symptoms still persist a few have gone away by this discovery.

Anywho, thanks

N

Chemar 01-08-2008 01:51 PM

Hi

have you ever been tested for possible Candida albicans ("yeast") infection of the gut?

I was very sugar intolerant, with headaches, and had diabetes testing etc (all negative) but what really helped was when I went on a special candida cleansing diet with supplemental capryllic acid (Candida Clear by NOW is one of the best sources IMO)

I still avoid refined sugar wherever possible, but many mysterious ailments i had cleared when the Candida was dealt with

there is a really good book on this "The Yeast Syndrome" by Walker & Trowbridge

XJNate 01-10-2008 10:23 AM

I actually did do a cleansing just before I decided to go gluten free. Come to think of it that did eleviate alot of issues however it was a month process and took a lot of research and proper food preperation. Now I'm at a job where I'm on the road a lot so eating gluten free and doin a month long cleansing, man, I'd have a van full of stuff!!! Gluten free food, stuff for cleansing, sleeping, supplements! I'd be a travelling circus!

However, it would be something to look at again. How regularly should this be done? What is the best approach?

Thanks for the reminder!

N

cazzie 01-16-2008 08:15 AM

i would of thougth not to eat to much sugar
????

take care
cazzie