NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   nan17051 RSDS (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/35684-nan17051-rsds.html)

nan17051 01-08-2008 11:22 PM

nan17051 RSDS

Just wondering if you all have as much pain as me bet you do

ali12 01-09-2008 06:57 AM

Hi there,
Welcome to Neurotalk. What is your pain score? My pain score is a 9 out of 10.

Thanks
Alison

vanityfaire 01-10-2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nan17051 (Post 185218)
Just wondering if you all have as much pain as me bet you do

Gentle Hugs Nan..post more when you feel up to it. We will understand.

tayla4me 01-10-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali12 (Post 185282)
Hi there,
Welcome to Neurotalk. What is your pain score? My pain score is a 9 out of 10.

Thanks
Alison

Hi Ali,

Is your pain score always 9/10? If so I am in awe that you can manage being sociable on the forum. You must be a very tough and brave girl.
When my pain is 9/10, I am usually hiding in my room, rocking to comfort myself as I vomit.
You really must get some help to get your pain down.---I vary between 6-10 but only cope really when it is at it's lowest.
Take care
Tayla xox

ali12 01-10-2008 07:48 AM

Hi there,
No my pains not always a 9/10. The pain in my leg is an 8/10 today.
I guess I have just learnt how to cope with the pain now, but when my pain is really bad I don't come on neurotalk or go anywhere. I just sit in my room. I find it way too difficult to go anywhere when I am in a lot of pain.
I was supposed to be going to the hospital today for a Physiotherapy session, but my moms ill and it is raining a lot here in the UK, and it is really windy (75-90mph winds) so I didn't really feel like going anywhere
Take care
Thanx

CZZ74 01-17-2008 12:24 AM

Nan what meds are you on

Hi Nan so sorry for your pain and suffering. May I ask what meds you are on?
You have to get it down from the 9-10 range I have been there for months before at a time and like you am literally locked in a room. Mine is now managed much better with help from a new med mixture- let me know how you are doing and who is helping you manage your pain. what type of doctor. My goal is to keep mine down at a 5-6 which is still more pain than the average person out there with out rsd could ever manage-but we can. Not a9-10 pain level- that is dangerous for anyone for many reasons. Please go online and find the "intractable pain handbook", by dr. tennat. it is indespensible for understanding what our pain is doing to our bodies, and what we must do to manage it, especially when you get to the stage you are in. Take care, please read the handbook and update me if you can. Sincerely, cz