NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Brain Fog Advice (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/36279-brain-fog-advice.html)

Vowel Lady 01-16-2008 05:10 PM

Brain Fog Advice

Has anyone had bad memory problems from Fibro and/or medications?
If so, has it negatively influenced your work situation? What kinds of things happened? Did you tell your employer? Did your Dr. offer any alternatives? Did you try other medications, supplements or anything at all that has been helpful in combating this ordeal?
Thank you.

fiberowendy2000 01-17-2008 10:12 AM

Yes, yes and yes.
The fog is the fog. Which is why they call it that. LOL
It happens to me at work all the time. I do make mistakes but the great thing about mistakes is they can be fixed. As long as you can fix what you have done, then they should have no issue.
As for telling, I would go with a case by case basis. If its the meds, talk to your docs about it. If its the FM, decided whether or not you want to tell people you have FM.
FM should not be a stigma but it is.
Remember FM affects the brain as well as the rest of the body.

tinkieanne 02-03-2008 09:39 AM

brain fog

I have had brain fog alot and yes mistakes are made,but can be fixed.Telling your employer depends on the relationship,but i can say from personal experience that alot of people have no clue what fm is and alot of times that could be a problem for you. as far as medication i have found neurontin to be a huge help with the fog. for me it the fog goes away after i take it. hope this helps.:)

tamiloo 02-09-2008 02:57 AM

For years I just thought I was loosing it...too busy and getting old...I didn't know about the fibro fog until a few years ago. I do hate it but I deal with it. I try to do things to exercise my brain, reading is a big one and memorizing small poems. I feel that the energy we put forth in fighting the pain and fatigue is a big contributor to the fog...good luck...keep us updated...

KatieG 04-06-2008 03:42 PM

Floating fog

I work at a sub in a school kitchen and have to do the lunch tickets. The kids scan their tickets in and then I have to add on any additional foods they buy. There is a difference in numbers for breakfast and lunch and I knew about 10 min before lunch that something was wrong. I couldn't keep the entree numbers straight and sort of just floated through the lunch shifts.
I ended up charging six kids for extra lunches instead of extra entrees but it sure was a wierd feeling. I called the office and explained and they corrected my mistake. It lasted about a full day. Glad it was a small town and didn't have to drive in a bigger place. It's funny now but at the time it was really frustrating. Katie