NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   A new member (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/36292-a-new-member.html)

Godmom1997 01-16-2008 06:36 PM

A new member

Hello everyone
I am a new member to the Neuropsych. I had a ruptured aneurysm with a grade 4 subarachnoid hemorrhage on 12/31/05-Happy New Year. I have learned a lot about different situations through the support networks, but this is my first posting.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks, Cathy

Jomar 01-16-2008 10:11 PM

Hi nice to meet you.

Alffe 01-17-2008 06:38 AM

Hi Cathy and welcome to Neuro Talk. That's a heck of a way to celebrate a new year! I'm glad you've joined us. :hug:

Godmom1997 01-24-2008 10:24 AM

SarahO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godmom1997 (Post 188001)
Hello everyone
I am a new member to the Neuropsych. I had a ruptured aneurysm with a grade 4 subarachnoid hemorrhage on 12/31/05-Happy New Year. I have learned a lot about different situations through the support networks, but this is my first posting.
Thanks, Cathy

SarahO,

Sorry I could not respond to your pm since I hadn't had 2 posts yet. I do not have an issue with Lyme's thank goodness. My aneurysm, thankfully, was a "tiny one" (I love that phrase). The bleeding was not. I am told that it will "never happen again." I'm hoping that is correct. Thanks for the warning though. I do appreciate that.

DONNA SCHIOPPA 02-01-2008 02:01 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godmom1997 (Post 188001)
Hello everyone
Thanks, Cathy

I too and a subarachnoidhemmorhage, Did you have it clipped or coiled> Are you working and if so, how long did it take you before you went back to work? I can't seem to get it together to get there.

Thanks Donna

Godmom1997 02-10-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONNA SCHIOPPA (Post 204000)
I too and a subarachnoidhemmorhage, Did you have it clipped or coiled> Are you working and if so, how long did it take you before you went back to work? I can't seem to get it together to get there.

Thanks Donna

Donna, you will get through this. It is a scary adventure, but thankfully, we are still here today. I had mine clipped since it had already ruptured. I had a stage 4 SAH. I was back to work on a part time basis after about 6-8weeks. My biggest problem at that point was fatigue. I also had to have speech therapy since I couldnt say what I was thinking. Everything that came out was nonsense. Keep on trying and you will get to where you want to be. It is amazing how much we can convince ourselves that everything will be fine.

sam white 05-20-2008 10:08 AM

I'm new here

My aneurysm ruptured 12 years ago. My doctor told me that there was no reason for me to be alive. I have such awful pain in my head. They say it is nerve damage. I am grateful I got to see my grandchild born and my youngest children grow up, but to think that in a few seconds my life changed in such a way that no one I know can understand. I can no longer drive, work or even hold a baby. There must be a reason I lived. Is life not funny??

Springforth 05-25-2008 08:50 PM

Neuro a mystery in itself.

Hi:
I am new to Neuro and I am glad that I found a place where I can learn about
Neuro Psychologist treatment.
My great-granddaughter was born having a anurisum on the brain and had seizers for weeks.
She is now 5 and seeing a neuro psychologist for cognitive and emotional problems,and a sever speech related problem from the damage done to her brain.
I am here to learn all I can. The older Natalie gets the more symptoms show up. She writes all of her letters backwards which is bad enough ,but she also does it writing right to left. Try that sometime. She was a top student in her pre K class. Every word spelled correctly.