NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Bone & Joint Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/36362-bone-joint-pain.html)

Life Style Coach 01-17-2008 11:27 AM

Bone & Joint Pain

Hi

I have terrible bone and joint pain. Especially at night. Do any of you have this symptom? I wonder if my bones are actually being damaged it hurts so much.

Pam

ali12 01-17-2008 01:35 PM

Hi there,
Yes, I also suffer from bone and joint pain. My muscles are tight all the time. I too sometimes wonder if my bones, muscles and joints are damaged.
Take care and if you need anything just ask
Thanks

bassman 01-17-2008 02:48 PM

You are probably talking about the same thing I feel at times. It seems as though someone just hit by shin with a hammer, even though I am sitting still. Or, like the bones are being crushed in a vice.

It doesn't help you feel any better, but know you are not alone. One thing that appears to be true is that there are so many different ways that we can get pain, and RSD seems to find them all.

Take care. :hug:

Mike

loretta 01-17-2008 05:09 PM

Bone Joint Pain

Hi Pam, You are not alone. I too, have bone and joint pain, and also tightness of muscles, redness at the joint. Just to touch the elbows for instance, hurts, ankles, wrists. I am seeing a second Dr. for more testing by the primary Drs. recommendation. I have full body RSD Type 2.- 14 years The RSDfollowed surgery to remove two tumors and the very next day entire arm swollen followed by frozen shoulder and shooting knife like pains. I wasn't diagnosed RSD for about 4 years. Also have Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. I also have swollen sore spots under my face (cheeks, chin, eyebrow area, nose area,? What is that? Does anyone else have that? Sorry, Pam, you have this pain too. Because RSD affects the immune system, are there others out there that have arthritis also as a diagnosis? After I get more testing done on the joint pain, I'll let you know what is found out if anything. Sincerely,
Loretta Jewell

Sandel 01-17-2008 05:39 PM

big time..

I get that too the deep bone ache, not so much the joint pain though.. but pain just seems to roll through my bones.. I call them deep bone labor pains cause the pain rolls through in waves and they are usualy acompanied by a heavy lethargy of the limbs. It can get like theres lava in my bones they hurt so much.. the weather can realy effect this pain.

good topic.. epsome salt soaks help at the time, meds don't seem to help this pain for me.

hugs
Sandra

GalenaFaolan 01-17-2008 06:13 PM

I get that deep bone pain. Doesn't seem to matter what time of day for me, but when my pain is high is at least one time it does seem to be worse. My joints get stiff but don't hurt much. I lay on the couch a lot and don't sit "normally" because that definitely makes my legs hurt like heck and it also feels like my bones in the bottom part of my leg are shrinking and I also feel a lot of pressure as well. Simple enough to just not sit normal and save myself some pain. lol

Hugs,

Karen

Life Style Coach 01-21-2008 12:50 PM

Thanks

I sure do appreciate the input. I see my pain doc next week. Do you think I should have another bone scan to see if it's wrecking my bones?

I started taking vitamin D yesterday for depression. I'm taking 2000 mg a day. I can't afford prescription strength. Have any of you tried it? Does it help?

Pam

NikonKid 01-21-2008 08:26 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this one either....I have seriously thought of going to the hospital because my legs feel as if they are in a vice, pain level is as close to a ten as I've ever got.
I think it's the weather though, I'm in NC and we've been in a severe drought for so long that my body isn't used to the rain, more rain coming tomorrow. I do miss my short walks too, they help stretch things out, but it's been too cold to go out. I have cold RSD so it takes forever to warm up once I get cold.
May try the hot tub, I was told by my neurologist that epsom salt could cause seizures with the blood pressure meds I'm on, so that one is out for me but I have heard that it's very effective.
I've been taking calcium with Vitamin D and haven't noticed a difference.
Jeanne

daylilyfan 01-22-2008 10:00 AM

bone pain

I have the bone pain.

I use something that works pretty well for it. Calcitonin nasal spray. "Miacalcin" is the brand name. One spray a day makes such a difference.

I would encourage all of you to try this simple solution. Non addictive.. and it helps with the bone loss RSD can cause.

DaisyDo 01-15-2012 11:56 AM

A combination of deep bone pain and neuropathy can be due to porphyria. If it's on of the milder types of porphyria it can be adult onset and lacking the blistering rash.