NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Anyone have this because of implants? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/36398-implants.html)

Undecided 01-17-2008 08:04 PM

Anyone have this because of implants?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has these medical conditions because of breast implants? I was researching getting implants and after reading all the neg. about them I really am not convinced that they are safe. I am just curious as what kinds of problems they cause as I know a few women that have them.

fiberowendy2000 01-22-2008 02:54 PM

I have heard about implants and lupus and other autoimmune diseases, but FM....its possible.

misshayleesmom 01-22-2008 07:08 PM

Good evening everyone,

I had my neurological symptoms before i got my implants.

I'm still in the diagnosing stage...

If anyone is to get them i would stick with the saline implants instead just to be on the safe side..

cristylmm 01-28-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshayleesmom (Post 192944)
Good evening everyone,

I had my neurological symptoms before i got my implants.

I'm still in the diagnosing stage...

If anyone is to get them i would stick with the saline implants instead just to be on the safe side..

I don't know for sure. I have one bursted implant and one in tact. they are 14 years old. and don't have money to get them fixed. my dr says he is sure it has nothing to do with my figromayalgia diagnoses.(which I recently have been)
My mother has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromayalgia...

..."anyone is to get them i would stick with the saline implants instead just to be on the safe side.." I have saline.
However I will have them replaced. I am not anti boob job..I am a "pro-boober" I guess.

Peter B 01-29-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristylmm (Post 200206)
My mother has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Hi Crysty, can't help you with the implants, but can help your mother. Can you refer her to my daughter's website?

dreambeliever128 01-30-2008 04:29 PM

Hi,

I have never went through this but my Nurse has. She is a friend of mine. She had implants about 15 years ago. One burst about 4 years ago and went through her system. She now has Fibro and CFS. She has been is such a bad shape the past few years. She is also dealing with depression very badly.

I would make sure I had a good Dr. and make sure you have the right type put in as someone said.

I see so much bad about them, I would think it over awhile to do it. I actually want a breast reduction and have put it off due to all of my medical problems. I always tell everyone I will gladly give them some of mine. LOL

Good luck whatever you decide.

Ada