NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Anyone else on tysabri? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/36750-else-tysabri.html)

barb02 01-21-2008 05:12 PM

Anyone else on tysabri?

I am new to Neuro Talk. Thanks for letting us all come over. I just started tysabri in December, and was wondering if anyone here is on it. what have your experiences been like with ty? :confused:I had a bit of an allergic reaction during my 2nd infusion (Jan. 6) and had to have benadryl put in iv. Now I will premed with benadryl prior to next infusion on Feb 9th.

Jodylee 01-21-2008 05:23 PM

Hi Barb!

I'll be starting Ty as soon as the Touch program people and my insurance company get their acts together.

I hope you get some replies soon. It would be good to read some new perspectives.

Glad to see you here btw!!

barb02 01-21-2008 05:33 PM

Joelle, good Luck! It only took me 2 days to get approved by my insurance and the Tough program. I think that must be some kind of record.

Chris 01-21-2008 06:36 PM

Hello Barb,
Welcome to Neurotalk. My, my there has been a dearth of newbies here today! :) As far as Tysabri, I was in the initial Antegren Trials whilst it was being double blinded and used in conjunction with Avonex. As it turned out, I WAS on the Tysabri and did very well. I went off to try and have a baby, but unfortunately, we haven't been able to succeed. I had an appoinment last Friday to get my MRI in preparation to resart Tysabri again. The clerk at the MS Centre thought I needed pre-authorization and cancelled on me, when indeed I did NOT need pre-authorization. I'm going back this week for my MRI and have an appointment set up with the Nurse Practitioner to fill out the paperwork. I should be starting back on it in the next few weeks.

I never had any problems whilst taking the Antegren (Tysabri). I was very tired after the first 3-4 infusions however. I usually went early in the mornings and came home and slept the rest of the day. After a few infusions I did notice a change in my symptoms for the better. I hope you do too. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,
Chris

Riverwild 01-21-2008 06:39 PM

Hi Barb! :Wave-Hello:

I'm here AND with everyone on Tysabri!

D_HOLLAND 01-22-2008 08:26 AM

My son has had two infusions so far #3 on 2/5 - so far no changes, no improvements but remain hopeful

Vegasgrl 01-22-2008 03:20 PM

I've been on Ty Since last June. I love it. I haven't had any improvements with my symptoms but I dont have any side effects like I did with the other treatments. And I'd take a once a month infusions over doing my own injections anyday!

vlys 01-25-2008 02:24 PM

15 infusions for me! :D

PunkDizzle 01-25-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joellelee2000 (Post 191298)
I'll be starting Ty as soon as the Touch program people and my insurance company get their acts together.

ditto... i am guessing mid to late Feb for me...

Jodylee 01-25-2008 05:21 PM

I just spoke with the people at the Touch program today. Caremark, my specialty pharmacy, will be shipping the Ty to my infusion center next week! Luckily for me, my infusion center is in my neuros office! I should be hearing from them soon about how much my cost will be and when my first infusion will be. I am very optimistic about Ty. I'll start my Ty log right aftermy first infusion.