NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Caregivers Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/caregivers-support/)
-   -   Caregiver with MS (https://www.neurotalk.org/caregivers-support/36775-caregiver-ms.html)

Jodylee 01-21-2008 08:55 PM

Caregiver with MS

Hi everyone!

My name is Joelle. I have relapsing remitting ms. My 16 year old son, Jake, has had Crohn's Disease since he was 6 years old.

I'm a caregiver and a patient!

Thank goodness for my husband of 21 years and my 20 year old son. I don't know what I would do without them.

Life is tough sometimes but we are tougher.

SandyC 01-22-2008 03:16 PM

Joelle, we are here with you. I don't know how you do it girl. Tammy is also a caregiver who is sick and takes care of her husband. God bless you both. It makes me appreciate that I am in good health.

You are right, we are tougher than what is thrown at us. And if not, we have each other to grab onto.

befuddled2 01-23-2008 02:01 AM

Hey you two.

I use to be a care giver to a terminally ill friend. It can be challenging and rewarding. It does help to have support too. Hugs to both of you.

befuddled2

Bannet 01-23-2008 08:45 AM

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you:)

tamiloo 01-23-2008 02:10 PM

Joelle...It must be hard for you...I do know that I must have help from someone who I can't see. There have been times when I have had to lift my honey up off the floor and I know there is know way I can do that by myself...this is the best place for all of us to care for each other...:grouphug:

SandyC 01-23-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamiloo (Post 194010)
Joelle...It must be hard for you...I do know that I must have help from someone who I can't see. There have been times when I have had to lift my honey up off the floor and I know there is know way I can do that by myself...this is the best place for all of us to care for each other...:grouphug:

I think that invisible person is our guardian angel. :)

tamiloo 01-23-2008 02:31 PM

Oh yes...:Boy(angel-flying):

dreambeliever128 01-30-2008 11:29 AM

Hi Joelle,

Welcome to the forum.

My husband was disabled for most of our marriage. We were married 34 years and 7 months when he died 14 months ago.

He had back surgery along with enphezema and heart problems. I became disabled after 17 years of our marriage. It was kind of like the blind leading the blind. When he was really sick I would take care of him and when I was really bad off he was taking care of me. Whoever felt the best that day did what they could do. I believe that is how we all have to do to get through life when it throws you a curve.

It's a blessing that you have your husband and other son to help you. Our only daughter has stood by us the whole time. Thankfully she married a wonderful man that is ok with what she does for us. I feel bad sometimes because she does have to do so much though.

I am glad you found the forum. You will find a lot of support here and enjoy everyone's company.

I forgot to say my daughter became my paid caregiver about 4 years ago and she took care of both me and he dad. I was thankful she could get paid to do it.

I always worry about her getting down because she takes care of me and another lady with MS but I think because we all laugh and enjoy each others company that helps keep the caregiver going.

Ada

kimmydawn 02-02-2008 07:46 AM

I've been where you're at but not for a continual period, mine was only a year or so.

You and son are in my prayers and thoughts, and I hope that you're able to care for you in the mix of everyday things.

Warm thoughts,

KD

Jodylee 02-02-2008 08:45 PM

Hi all! My son, Jake, has been doing really well with meds and a bowel resection. We are so fortunate. It's a waiting game just like MS. You never know when it's gonna rear it's ugly head. Thanks everyone!