NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Need Your Opinions About a Seizure (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/3691-opinions-seizure.html)

LivingLife 10-13-2006 03:01 PM

Need Your Opinions About a Seizure

I haven't had a seizure in 15 mos. but I think I may have had one 2 weeks ago. I normally have partial complex and have never had one while I was sleeping (as far as I know anyway!). I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago with a massive headache and a wet bed (sigh) so I knew I had probably had a seizure. I didn't think too much about it but I called my epi today b/c I realized that I have been kind of foggy and definitely very tired since that time. She said she thinks I had a generalized seizure, increased one of my meds and I have to go next week for an EEG and to see her. Okay, here's my question: isn't 2 weeks too long to still be affected by a seizure? I'm wondering if the two things are actually not connected.
Thanks!

LIZARD 10-13-2006 04:08 PM

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))). :( I'm so sorry. I know what that's like. :(

Two weeks, huh?? That does seem like a long time. I'd certainly bring it to the neuro's attention. Maybe it's the med effect?

Let me know what you find out.

LIZARD :)

Ellie 10-13-2006 05:01 PM

Did you call her two weeks later or right away? If she increased your meds right away then it's probably your meds making you tired due to an increase. However, if it has been two weeks between the seizure and teh time you called, you could be having more (nocturnal, or whatever lingo they use these days) which is causing you to be tired. If you seize during sleep, or don't establish good REM sleep you will be tired (I have this problem).

I'd chat more but the mother is in town so I have to entertain.

LivingLife 10-13-2006 05:10 PM

I called her today...two weeks after the seizure. I see her next week so I'll see what she says. In the meantime, hugs to both of you for the support! I feel better just knowing that I'm not going insane!

Rocking4Epilepsy 10-13-2006 07:05 PM

Also keep a log of what is hapening...
What time and what you are doing when sz occur...

Are they doing an EEG at your appt?

Please keep us updated

hugs

LivingLife 10-14-2006 08:56 AM

EEG at 8am and visit with the epi at 9. Keeping a log is a great idea. I'll definitely keep you posted.

LIZARD 10-14-2006 10:11 AM

Good luck...:)

LIZARD, sendin' good vibes :)

Rocking4Epilepsy 10-14-2006 07:10 PM

Good Luck....
Please keep us updated on things...

Hugs

Porkette 10-17-2006 05:48 PM

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a complex partial sz. after such a long time. As it was mentioned keep a calendar and write down the time and date when you have a sz. along with a description of the sz. Often hormones can cause a person to have a sz. After 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my absence and complex partial sz. now the only times I have a sz. is 7-10 days before my monthly cycle or if I'm sick with a cold or virus of some type. I've also noticed I have fewer sz. during the summer than the rest of the yr. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Ellie 10-17-2006 09:12 PM

Thanks for the update, make sure you let us all know how things went for you!

Good luck! :)