NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Facial Twitching (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/37087-facial-twitching.html)

TheBeans 01-23-2008 07:44 PM

Facial Twitching

I count myself as VERY lucky not to have had any bad flares for about the last 3 years, but I'm wondering if I'm not starting one now. Opinions needed please!

I noticed (last week) that I had a small and very rapid twitching of the skin just below my right eye. It was annoying, but otherwise, I paid no attention to it. This week, however, it's called in for reserves and now I have this same small, rapid twitching going down my right cheek and over my top lip. And if that isn't weird enough, it happens only when I lay down! My mouth has become dry as the Sahara (I've had MS-related dry mouth before and I know that this is what this particular sx is) and my right ear is hot!

It's been this way now for 2 days. Should I call the neuro or just sit it out? I'm not even sure what they can do (if anything) for twitching like this.

Anyone else ever have this?:confused:

Jensequitur 01-23-2008 08:17 PM

I get this all the time in my lower and upper lip. Used to get it just below my right eye, then just above.

As to whether you need to call the neuro, I only bother if the symptoms are bad enough so that I can't have a (semi) normal day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeans (Post 194657)
I count myself as VERY lucky not to have had any bad flares for about the last 3 years, but I'm wondering if I'm not starting one now. Opinions needed please!

I noticed (last week) that I had a small and very rapid twitching of the skin just below my right eye. It was annoying, but otherwise, I paid no attention to it. This week, however, it's called in for reserves and now I have this same small, rapid twitching going down my right cheek and over my top lip. And if that isn't weird enough, it happens only when I lay down! My mouth has become dry as the Sahara (I've had MS-related dry mouth before and I know that this is what this particular sx is) and my right ear is hot!

It's been this way now for 2 days. Should I call the neuro or just sit it out? I'm not even sure what they can do (if anything) for twitching like this.

Chris 01-23-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeans (Post 194657)

Have you had a Potassium level checked recently?

Taffy 01-23-2008 11:01 PM

That is weird Beany and follows some stress that you just had, so maybe!

TheBeans 01-24-2008 11:27 PM

I think I'm going to blame this one on solar flairs! :wink: :rolleyes:

The majority of the twitching is gone but it seems to come back only when I lay down now.

Jensequitur 01-25-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeans (Post 196245)
I think I'm going to blame this one on solar flairs! :wink: :rolleyes:

The majority of the twitching is gone but it seems to come back only when I lay down now.

Most of my MS symptoms last a couple of days, then go away - to be replaced by something else! Sounds perfectly normal to me.