NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   vision change (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/3714-vision-change.html)

bamyx4jc 10-13-2006 07:10 PM

vision change

for the past month my vision has been getting worse when i look at signs they are blurry i normally have perfect vision. i was wondering if this is normal for pd . i have a doctor appt. in 1 week thanks

steffi 001 10-13-2006 07:20 PM

Yep.I`m the same.Tried different contact lenses...still seem as if i`m on a permanent lsd trip.Last time I went to my optician I told him and said
"Look..if you`re going to have to fit lenses which are like marbles don`t bother...I`ll gouge my eyes out instead." Had to pick him up off the floor.
Reminded me of Billy Connelly`s rendition of a man in a Reliant Robin car...with Prescription Windscreen!!! How funny would THAT be? But sure...it is annoying in all serousness but I wonder about drug side effects.We tend to blame the illness but folk bring me back to thinking about the cocktail of drugs we folk are on.Our brain receptors must wonder whether they are coming or going.
Interesting question.Will stick with the replies in the hope some bright spark comes up with a cause.
Best of luck.

BEMM 10-13-2006 10:19 PM

Maybe...

Artane has warning about vision change as possible side effect. I wouldn't be surptised if Amantadine could have same effect on some people.

birte

lindylanka 10-14-2006 07:48 PM

Have had vision issues predating dx, too many new lens prescriptions, spare pairs of specs everywhere - intermittent blurriness, and sometimes a fading of vision. Opthalmologist said this is lack of dopamine in the eyes - sinemet improves it, new lenses don't! Well, for me at least. Everyone is different, so this may not be your problem, but it seems to me that I have met an awful lot of people online who have experienced blurry and/or troublesome vision. Also exacerbated by very slow re-focusing, and slow eye movements in general when undermedicated.

Lindy

Ibken 10-16-2006 08:05 PM

Mucuna & vision

I take mucuna as my l-dopa source and have noticied that occasionaly when i am over-doped, ie. wheen consecutive doses seem to pile up, my vision gets quite blurry, and sort of like everything is obscured by smoke. So I lay off the bean (mucuna) and it clears right up.

;)

Stitcher 10-16-2006 08:49 PM

Artane
Common Side Effects

Blurred vision; constipation; decreased sweating; difficult or painful urination (especially in older men); drowsiness; dryness of mouth, nose, or throat; increased sensitivity of eyes to light; nausea or vomiting

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Amantadine

Side Effects
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...024.html#SXX18

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Less common
  • Blurred vision; confusion (especially in elderly patients); difficult urination (especially in elderly patients); fainting; hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); swelling of hands, feet, or lower legs
Rare
  • Convulsions (seizures); decreased vision or any change in vision; difficulty in coordination ; fever, chills, or sore throat; increased blood pressure; increase in body movements ; irritation and swelling of the eye; loss of memory; mental depression; severe mood or mental changes; skin rash; slurred speech; thoughts of suicide or attempts at suicide; unexplained shortness of breath
Other side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. However, check with your doctor if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome:

More common
  • Agitation, anxiety, or nervousness; difficulty concentrating; dizziness or lightheadedness ; headache; irritability ; loss of appetite; nausea ; purplish red, net-like, blotchy spots on skin; trouble in sleeping or nightmares
Less common or rare
  • Constipation; decrease in sexual desire ; diarrhea; drowsiness; dryness of the mouth, nose, and throat; false sense of well-being; headache; vomiting; unusual tiredness or weakness