NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   Inverter (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/37153-inverter.html)

AfterMyNap 01-24-2008 09:58 AM

Inverter

I'm so psyched! I got a power inverter that works in the car and airplanes, and it works great!

I like to take long rides in my car sometimes and often enjoy free parking lot Wi-Fi:o during rest periods or when I want to find a room for my next stop. This puppy keeps me powered up no matter how often or long I want to use my laptop.

This one also has a USB port for charging peripherals and man, a few less chargers to drag around is always a welcome change!

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-24-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 195326)
I'm so psyched! I got a power inverter that works in the car and airplanes, and it works great!

I like to take long rides in my car sometimes and often enjoy free parking lot Wi-Fi:o during rest periods or when I want to find a room for my next stop. This puppy keeps me powered up no matter how often or long I want to use my laptop.

This one also has a USB port for charging peripherals and man, a few less chargers to drag around is always a welcome change!

Where did you get it????? I have been looking for one!

I just had to buy a new battery for my laptop cuz it wouldn't hold a charge any longer and I do the same thing you do ;)

Tootsie 01-24-2008 02:18 PM

I'd like one too. My DS is always having problems with power!

So you are saying you can recharge your phone or just use the inverter to power it?

Tootsie (tech challenged person:p)

AfterMyNap 01-24-2008 03:04 PM

TigerDirect, it was only $20! They're everywhere now and have all kinds of capabilities. I don't need to run a reciprocating saw off of my car, so I got the simple Xantrex 100, it weighs less than half a pound and they have even more compact ones than that. For $20, I am thrilled with it and it works perfectly.

My battery is beginning to show its age too, and a new one is $120, so for me, this is ideal.

Out on the net, you can find charts that show which planes/airlines have power outlets in the seats. Most are in business & 1st class, but I have the miles, and I'm worth it!;)

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-24-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 195668)
TigerDirect, it was only $20! They're everywhere now and have all kinds of capabilities. I don't need to run a reciprocating saw off of my car, so I got the simple Xantrex 100, it weighs less than half a pound and they have even more compact ones than that. For $20, I am thrilled with it and it works perfectly.

My battery is beginning to show its age too, and a new one is $120, so for me, this is ideal.

Out on the net, you can find charts that show which planes/airlines have power outlets in the seats. Most are in business & 1st class, but I have the miles, and I'm worth it!;)

Yes you are worth it!!! ;)

Thanks...CompUSA is going out of business. Maybe I will run by there and see if they have one for a decent price. If not, I will order one online.

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-25-2008 08:54 PM

I bought one today!!! ;)

AfterMyNap 01-25-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 197146)
I bought one today!!! ;)

Cool! Which one did you get? Have you tried it yet?

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-25-2008 11:28 PM

It's a Targus. No, not yet. CompUSA is going out of business so I got a good deal on it! I may have to go back there tomorrow and see if there is anything else I don't need that's a good deal!