NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Where were you when site was down? (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/374-site.html)

shattered_illusions 09-01-2006 02:11 PM

Where were you when site was down?

Somebody asked me if I knew where any of the members here may have been meeting while the site was down. I didn't know. I remember another time it was down some sites were mentioned. I went to efa and saw a couple of familiar names. Were you meeting anywhere?

hugs

PS Do any of you have Yahoo IM? If so, could I add you to my buddy list in case of the site going down?

Porkette 09-01-2006 05:13 PM

Hi,
I was working but each day I would check and see if the forum was up and running. I checked on the internet, and I even sent John Lester a letter asking him for details about the forum, but he never answered me.
Thanks to Tattoo who sent me an e-mail and gave me the new address for the forum I would still be lost. Tattoo told me she found it through the EFA.
Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-01-2006 07:55 PM

I was at the site in my sig line.
Its a great site with many helpful members:)

shattered_illusions 09-02-2006 07:48 AM

Sue, I sent John an email asking for an update too, and then there was one. I guess enough had asked for it and he was able to fix something and get one up. I didn't get any notice about this temp. forum, though. Fortunately, someone in the chat room told me. It was a blessing to have the chat room to help cope while the forum was down.

hugs

Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum up in the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

I was appalled. You were saying you were there to help those with E, but you didn't want them to have any info other then yours. Now you are here, so I hope you have changed in that respect.

hugs

Is there somewhere that most members went to while this site was down or a way to keep in touch?

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shattered_illusions (Post 2727)
Sue, I sent John an email asking for an update too, and then there was one. I guess enough had asked for it and he was able to fix something and get one up. I didn't get any notice about this temp. forum, though. Fortunately, someone in the chat room told me. It was a blessing to have the chat room to help cope while the forum was down.

hugs

Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum up in the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

I was appalled. You were saying you were there to help those with E, but you didn't want them to have any info other then yours. Now you are here, so I hope you have changed in that respect.

hugs

Is there somewhere that most members went to while this site was down or a way to keep in touch?

Sorry Joy but I do not have a chat roomso you must have me mistaken with someone else.

I have been a member of BT for about 4 years so yes I did come here when I was invited to do so

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 10:31 AM

Also want to say that the yahoo chats are all permanant and members can't make up their own chats anymore and its been this way for about a year now so as far as attending MY yahoo chat and placing the link this THIS forum it was not MY chat I do not have or attend yahoo chats seeing they don't have one for Epilepsy

shattered_illusions 09-02-2006 11:16 AM

It was a long time ago when Yahoo had user rooms. I'm not trying to start anything, really.

hugs

Rocking4Epilepsy 09-02-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shattered_illusions (Post 2727)
Jen, you probably don't remember me ,but I remember you. I came in your Yahoo chat once and when I put the link to this forum upin the chat room, you and another chatter called me a trouble maker and ran me out of the room.

hugs

Quote:

It was a long time ago when Yahoo had user rooms. I'm not trying to start anything, really.

hugs
Two years ago when I held yahoo chats this forum wasn't even thought of so again I think you must have mistaken me for someone else...

Hope you have a great day
Hugs

J2636s 09-17-2006 08:01 AM

In one of JL's messages, there was a link to chats. I could never find it. [The old ones I found (I back a while) were rather cliquey and some rude. I was a memeber over 4 years on BT]

HealthForum 09-17-2006 09:23 AM

No need for rudeness we all have health issues at some point in our lives