NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   who wants to do bathing suit check in? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/37519-bathing-suit-check.html)

braingonebad 01-28-2008 10:22 AM

who wants to do bathing suit check in?

We had some fun with this one.

It goes like this.

If you have one laying aroung, fine, use that. Otherwise buy one that you want to look good in, notone you already do. I never try them on. I always get them online, in fact, and often from clearance (I'm a cheapo).

Then you pick one day a week when nobody's around and put it on and peek in the mirror.

What ever diet or exercise you do - if any - here's your incentive to stick with it, work harder at it.

Face it, the bathing suit hides nothing. You are used to seeing yourself nekked or in your undies, but that bathing suit - OTHER PEOPLE are gonna see that!

:eek:

You can use the scale or the tape measure as a guide, but the suit is the real test to me.

:wink:

We get back here and laugh and suport each other through the winter and spring and compare notes. We all had good results.

Bonus: you get used to seeing yourself in the suit! so it's less of a shock when swim season is here.

Okay, so who's in?

Judy with your new, improved and skinny butt, I hope to see you in on this! You ROCK, baby!

NaeNae 01-28-2008 11:00 AM

LOl can I play if I'm cheating and having a gastric bypass?

barb02 01-28-2008 11:05 AM

I'm not sure I can maintain a positive attitude if I participate in this.:eek:

sugarboo 01-28-2008 11:05 AM

OH! The Horror!!! I'm 'fluffy' :D That's when you are only 15-20lbs overweight but its turning to 40's flab :eek:

I'm starting Pilates today, PT next week, and I'm trying to eat better (or less!) I'll join you!

I don't have to post a pic in my bikini do I??? LOL!!

Vegasgrl 01-28-2008 11:10 AM

This is a scary thread!! :eek:

I usually buy my bathing suits in catalogs too. I was just looking at some over the weekend trying to think what I could possibly get this year. Last year I had to go to the Tankini but that isn't going to help me this year. I don't know what happened to my back view from the waist down but it isn't pretty! I was thinking no bikini or shorts and a summer of capri's and tank tops.

I did have my husband blow up my excercise ball yesterday. Time to do some major squats and work on my abs.

karousel 01-28-2008 02:55 PM

Last year I bought a new suit. Nice top that resembles a tank top and of course my new suit has shorts. Putting it on doesn't bother me. I'll have to see if I can find one of my old "real" bathing suits to play!!

Jodylee 01-28-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb02 (Post 199712)
I'm not sure I can maintain a positive attitude if I participate in this.:eek:

Me too, Barb! :D:eek: I've put on about 20 extra pounds during this relapse:eek::eek::eek::eek:!

Foggy Brain 01-28-2008 05:13 PM

Okay, count me in! I looked in the mirror this morning and just about fainted. :eek: I lost twenty pounds in mid-2006 (Divorce Diet, LOL), and started gaining it back this past summer after it was final. :( I'm in the same boat as Greenjeans, all except I'm already a few years past forty and am already starting to see the flab she mentioned.

My daughter (5) and I like to go swimming at an indoor pool, and I had to tactfully find something else to do yesterday when she suggested we go. :Noooo: Thank goodness it was 60 degrees and we could go to the park.

So, Brain, tell us a little more about this adventure! Do have weekly checkins on weight and measurements?

Let's all start the winter FAT MELT DOWN!

Kitty 01-28-2008 05:24 PM

:holysheep:

Oh dear Lord, this thread frightens me!!! :eek:

I will not - repeat WILL NOT - put on a bathing suit this summer. :yikes:

Joelle, I can relate to the weight gain during a relapse. I did the same thing - and I'm to the point that I just don't care if I look good in a bathing suit. :rolleyes:

I used to fret and obsess over the way I looked in everything I wore. No more. I'm going for comfort and ease and now safety. If someone doesn't like the way I look - then don't look at me!! :D

the Bird 01-28-2008 05:25 PM

I'll skip the suit! The mirror works just fine with out it!! LOL