NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What not to wear (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/38608-wear.html)

greta 02-09-2008 12:00 AM

What not to wear

I'm a little miffed....This is the second week in a row that I've seen What Not to Wear on TV and they've been in my local area. Why haven't they come to see me yet? I'm the worst dressed person I know!!! Come on! What's a girl got to do to get a visit from Clinton and Stacy and $5,000 to spend on a new wardrobe. Not to mention the awesome haircut from Nick Arrojo. Why won't someone nominate me???!!!

tovaxin_lab_rat 02-09-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greta (Post 211329)
I'm a little miffed....This is the second week in a row that I've seen What Not to Wear on TV and they've been in my local area. Why haven't they come to see me yet? I'm the worst dressed person I know!!! Come on! What's a girl got to do to get a visit from Clinton and Stacy and $5,000 to spend on a new wardrobe. Not to mention the awesome haircut from Nick Arrojo. Why won't someone nominate me???!!!

Consider yourself nominated Greta! LOL! Maybe you should nominate Jim! LOL!

:hug:

greta 02-09-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 211339)
Consider yourself nominated Greta! LOL! Maybe you should nominate Jim! LOL!

:hug:

Whatever are you referring to? I hear that polar fleece sweats are soooo in. I think we should be submitted as a couple. We are totally tacky enough.

I love the fact that my friend called and asked if they needed to dress up for our party. Hardy, har, har. It's us????? Since when do we dress up?

Becky21 02-09-2008 12:56 AM

Oh my gosh! I love that show and watched earlier this evening. That would be so cool to have $5,000. to spend on clothes and get an entire makeover. I can't believe how good that woman on tonights show looked after her makeover.

I live in sweats but don't wear them in public. I went shopping with a friend last weekend and bought some new straight leg jeans and 4 tops using Stacy and Clinton's advice. Macy's was having a huge sale and their stuff was marked down so low, it was unbelievable.:p

Kitty 02-09-2008 07:18 AM

I love "What Not To Wear". Clinton cracks me up - Stacy not so much sometimes. She can be a little overly critical but it's TV so I'm sure most of it is pre-rehearsed comedy.

Why don't you have one of your friends nominate you? Someone has to write in and say that you look like a hillbilly in the middle of Saks Fifth Avenue and you need help. . . .

I've always wondered what they do with the clothing they supposedly trash (I hate that metal trashcan they use). I truly hope they donate it to a shelter or at least a charitable organization.

I've always thought that they should be the ones going to wherever the "makeover person" lives and let them shop in their own hometown. $5,000 in NYC isn't a whole heck of a lot of money. It could go farther in smaller towns. But I wouldn't turn it down either way! :winky:

braingonebad 02-09-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 211438)

I've always thought that they should be the ones going to wherever the "makeover person" lives and let them shop in their own hometown. $5,000 in NYC isn't a whole heck of a lot of money. It could go farther in smaller towns. But I wouldn't turn it down either way! :winky:

They do it in NYC because everything in OH is what not to wear.

:girl(sad):

Polar fleece? That is TOO uptown for here!

Wear that with your diamonds.

:ROTFLMAO:

kicker 02-09-2008 09:49 AM

My fantasy is that they approve of and let me keep some of my stuff - it could happen, maybe.

Nick could do whatever he wants with my hair!!!

Kitty 02-09-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 211493)
My fantasy is that they approve of and let me keep some of my stuff - it could happen, maybe.

Nick could do whatever he wants with my hair!!!

I'd just leave what I wanted to keep at home (who would know??). I have plenty that they could humiliate me with! But nobody is gonna take my sweats away from me!! :p

BaxterTheBunny 02-09-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braingonebad (Post 211450)
They do it in NYC because everything in OH is what not to wear.

:girl(sad):

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO: I grew up in the mid-west. It's sooooo true!

braingonebad 02-09-2008 11:01 AM

Getting dressed up around here means wearing a shirt that doesn't have Camel Joe or a rock band logo on it.

Then people look at ya "Ooh, you must be going to Applebees!"

:D