NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Hubby says I am getting worse...... (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/38802-hubby-am-getting-worse.html)

froglady 02-11-2008 06:08 PM

Hubby says I am getting worse......

and I think he is right. Am mixing up my words worse than before. I called my tape recorder fertiziler and then said, no not that, it is station wagon! Goodness what is happening...how can I get so bad again. Been doing such foolishness from the start but it is happening much worse than it was? Gaye

Lucy 02-11-2008 06:50 PM

Hi Gaye.

Do you think that you are appearing worse because you are depressed?

I found that my memory was/is even worse at the moment because I am depressed. My new drugs have stopped the tears but I think I have a way to go yet with getting right. But I do know my memory is so much worse and I am that much more distractable - I forget what I am doing all the time - even going to the kitchen to take pills - if I see something on the way I forget what I was going to do. I am forgetting what I am talking about mid sentence as well - and forget words.

Though I haven't called a tape recorder fertilizer yet. I am wondering if you are depressed and very very tired. Can you get that checked out and in the meantime - no excessive panicking and worrying about it as that only makes everything so much worse. (And don't forget some men tend to exagerate!)

Let us know how you go, take care

Lynlee

froglady 02-12-2008 06:34 PM

Thanks Lynlee, I tried to post back last night but hubby kept talking to me and I could not think clearly, so as usual I just cut off the computer.
You describe about yourself, what I do exactly. I do think the depression could be making me muuch worse. I am crying right now, so tears are very often, was not one to cry easily before the pcs. Tomorrow I am going to my Primary, so will sure discuss the depression and hopefully get on something that can help my emotions.
Hubby has some short term memory problems right now and I think it is from me stressing him out. March is my 1 year anniversary of the wreck. He does exagerate(hope I came close to what the word is?) what I do and with my pain and muscles bones problems tends to think I am putting on. Only now he is in pain and begining to act a bit more understanding.
You're right about the being tired...I am worn out mentally and physically. I know stress does make us folks with pcs worse so hopefully deprression meds will give some relief.
Thanks so much for your help, Gaye

Whoops, wrong day as usual I am confused...go to primary Thursday.

watsonsh 02-12-2008 06:40 PM

Gaye, sometimes all this added stress can make us tire out our adrenal glands which makes us even more emotional.

I know I just had a minor surgery and it taxed mine and the last couple days I have been emotional and crying and scared.

Adrenals are mostly made of Vitamin C. So up it a lot. In the last 2 days I went up to 3000 mg of C and I feel better.

And lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

froglady 02-12-2008 07:00 PM

Thanks Shelley, I will go take mine right now. Whoops, just took 1000 will go back and take more, after reading your post again.
Having another crying fit, because I thought today was Wensday and I forgot to mail my 2 little granddaughters their Valentines. I called the 12 yr old one and she said today was the 12th and tomorrow was the 13th.
Will I ever be able to think again? I am so scared myself, so I hope your fears and mine will go take a hike!
I worked really hard in the house today and was so happy...now in the dumps...got over tired. It was so much fun while it lasted.

Many Hugs to you and I pray your surgery will heal well and both our fears will vanish, Gaye