NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Baclofen anyone? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/39247-baclofen.html)

debbiehub 02-16-2008 11:12 PM

Baclofen anyone?

I just started taking baclofen and so far I think I like it which is amazing for me- started taking 5mg and going to up to 10 soon- Helps some with the muscle pain . I am also supposed to start taking lyrica- I just havent figured out the timing to take the lyrica- I still work and cant be on these meds during the day- til about 3pm,,,,

Deb

ali12 02-17-2008 04:13 AM

Hey,
I am currently on Baclofen 10mg daily and it doesn't help with the spasms however it does seem to help with the cramping pain. It's good to hear that it seems to be working for you.
Thanks
Alison

GalenaFaolan 02-17-2008 10:26 PM

I take 10mg baclofen 2 x's a day and it took the uncontrollable jerking and muscle spasms down to pretty much zero after suffering every day, several times a day. I could handle the muscle spasms but the jerking really, really hurts!!! I never had a problem with the baclofen as far as side effects go not even sleepiness and when a med even has the suggestion it MIGHT cause drowsiness I'm out for the count! LOL Not for this.

I also take Lyrica and again side effects very mild for me. Everyone is different. For me, I take it at bedtime, 1 75mg. For about 5-6 days it caused me to have lightheadedness/dizziness all day long. When I did the trial last year, that's how I knew this one worked for me finally!, I took, at first, 1 50mg and the lightheaded thing lasted about 3-4 days, then when I upped to 2 a day taking morning and night, I had 3 days of lightheaded thing then was fine. So, it kept true to the side effect for the same amount of time between 1 50 and 1 75mg pill which I liked. I don't expect anymore than 3 days or so if I have it upped to 100mg at my next appointment.

Hugs,

Karen

debbiehub 02-17-2008 11:19 PM

TY

Thanks for your responses- I think I will continue with the baclofen and get it up to 10mg at least once a day- I always get so nervous with new drugs. Sorry it didnt help much Ali but at least it did help with the cramping. I know many MS sufferers have baclofen pumps which helps them a lot.

Deb

Abbie 02-17-2008 11:39 PM

Hi Deb...

As you know... we are all different... crazy RSD....

I take 40mg of Baclofen each day... 10mg in morning and noon, 20mg at night. As for me... it doesn't stop the spasms, cramping, tremors or jerks. But it does calm them down to a more tolerable level.

I hope it brings you relief that we are all seeking.

:hug:
Abbie

Sandel 02-18-2008 12:23 AM

hello

I take the same dose as Abbie 10mg am and 10 mg at supper then 20mg before bed, I find the 20mg at night help me fall asleep. I find they my help ice pick type cramps.

Debby 02-18-2008 02:05 PM

Hey everyone!
I take 20 mgs early morning & early afternoon & at bedtime I take 10 mgs of Baclofen. It helps with the cramping in my toes most of the time. Unless it is really severe, then some cramping sneaks through. I also think it helps with the jerking in my hands altho it does NOT stop all of the jerking. But atleast now I can hold a cup of coffee most mornings as long as I really concentrate while doing it if I am in a really bad jerking mode. It doesn't happen severely all the time. But I do hate when it happens. This morning is bad. Got up for the stay at 9am & it is 11am now & am having problems with typing *LOL* :o Good thing the keys on this key board are not sensitive. If I was on my lap top I would be having to back space/delete alot of extra key strokes out. The key board on the lappy are really sensitive. Having to do alot of deleting as it is. When I am jerking while typing I tend to hit keys I don't intend to hit. Anyone who jerks hard enough when typing knows exactly what I am talking about I would think(?)!!!

I don't want to up it tho, the Baclofen that is. I am sleepy enough as it is with all that I take.