NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   How long should I wait on a Dr to call me? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/39339-wait-dr-call.html)

momXseven 02-18-2008 03:40 PM

How long should I wait on a Dr to call me?

I saw the eye Dr last Wednesday and he said he would call me after he talked to my neuro. Well I emailed the eye Dr and my neuro's PA Friday mid morning and still haven't heard anything from anyone and it's 2:30 Monday afternoon. :( My neuro's PA always emails me back within 30 minutes and the eye Dr.'s site said they reply with 48 hours. I HATE it when Dr.'s don't call you back right away. :mad:

If this is ON I don't want to wait until it's been too long to treat it. But I also don't want this eye Dr to get POed at me because I keep asking when he's going to call, I REALLY like this Dr., he listens and he cares. :confused:

ewizabeth 02-18-2008 03:55 PM

I'd be calling too. In my opinion, something like ON should be dealt with in a timely manner.

If I were you, I'd keep calling and be a squeaky wheel though, "kill them with kindness" until they feel guilty enough to give you a call back, especially since you really liked this doctor.

Maybe this was a one time slip up?

sugarboo 02-18-2008 04:19 PM

Another option would be to give it one more day? (Friday and Monday = 48 hours)

Today is a Holiday, he might not be there? (Presidents day) So Tuesday may be the second day! HUMPFH!!!! :eek:

Jules A 02-18-2008 06:11 PM

Yeah, the weekend and holiday kind of screw things up. I'd also probably hang out until tomorrow but if they didn't call by 1:30pm I would ring them again. Hang in there, Jules

momXseven 02-18-2008 07:27 PM

I got a reply back from my email,

Julie,
Sorry, it took me awhile to get back with you I have been out of town at a conference. I did discuss your case with another colleague today. What I would like to do is repeat the visual field in the left only to see if the defects that were present will show any consistency. If there are defects seen again in the visual field that suggest an optic neuritis then treatment will likely be needed. If the MRI's that have been done do not show any typical plaques for MS then it might be in your best interest to be seen by a neuro-ophthalmologist because the field test that was initially done is suggestive for some type of optic neuropathy. When would you be available to come back in and repeat the visual field test in the left eye. There will not be a charge at this visit. Please let me know your availability for this week.
Dr. B

sugarboo 02-18-2008 07:32 PM

Very good response, but I thought he was an Optho/Neuro? Did you see just an Optomitrist or Opthomologist? Bummer :) But at least you have a new lead! Good luck and let us know how the test turns out.

momXseven 02-18-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 218516)
Very good response, but I thought he was an Optho/Neuro? Did you see just an Optomitrist or Opthomologist? Bummer :) But at least you have a new lead! Good luck and let us know how the test turns out.

I couldn't find an Optho/Neuro around here that toke my insurance. But this guy is the best of the best around here, most up-to-date.

sugarboo 02-18-2008 07:55 PM

I hear ya...what if you get a thinga-majiggy?...ummm....ummm...REFERRAL! Thats it :rolleyes: Would insurance cover it then? Sounds like he wants to send you up the latter if you retest like you already did....

I've been trying to do school work all day and my right eye is so blurry I can't think. I'm trying to learn about cells and OMG...stuff I can't remember! I'll have to go over it again tomorrow! Blaaaaaa!!!! The lexapro knocked me out around 1 today, thought I'd try again, but Nooooooooo!!

Glad you have a good doc, that's how I feel about my Optho/Neuro...wise, to the point, and experienced :)

PS: Where in Texas? We are thinking about a move to Corpus Christi or, ohhhh, that Island...um....G....I can't remember! Bad day here.....sorry....any recommendations?

Erin524 02-18-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 218541)
PS: Where in Texas? We are thinking about a move to Corpus Christi or, ohhhh, that Island...um....G....I can't remember! Bad day here.....sorry....any recommendations?

Galveston Island???

momXseven 02-18-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 218541)
I hear ya...what if you get a thinga-majiggy?...ummm....ummm...REFERRAL! Thats it :rolleyes: Would insurance cover it then? Sounds like he wants to send you up the latter if you retest like you already did....

I've been trying to do school work all day and my right eye is so blurry I can't think. I'm trying to learn about cells and OMG...stuff I can't remember! I'll have to go over it again tomorrow! Blaaaaaa!!!! The lexapro knocked me out around 1 today, thought I'd try again, but Nooooooooo!!

Glad you have a good doc, that's how I feel about my Optho/Neuro...wise, to the point, and experienced :)

I'm in north TX :( , I don't make it that far south.