NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Still haven't heard from the eye Dr but have a ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/39618-havent-heard-eye-dr.html)

momXseven 02-21-2008 06:05 PM

Still haven't heard from the eye Dr but have a ?

I still don't know if this is ON or what (and it's been 8 weeks today since this started) but for the last 2 days I have had flashing lights in my eye. And I get this almost every time I move my eye. I don't want to keep bugging the Dr but I don't know if I should tell him about this also before he gets back with me.

Erin524 02-21-2008 06:17 PM

That's called a "movement phosphene".

I was getting them too earlier this week.

momXseven 02-21-2008 07:09 PM

Since I still don't have a DX I emailed him and let him know about the flashing lights.

slskckjebw 02-21-2008 07:18 PM

Wow, that is a really long time. Have you had an MRI? I know it is hard to see ON at times, but 8 weeks. That is awful you have had to wait that long.

I get flashes of lights when I move my eye. Mostw of the time they are sparkles. I've had ON twice this year.

LA

Quote:

Originally Posted by momXseven (Post 220812)
Since I still don't have a DX I emailed him and let him know about the flashing lights.

MSacorn 02-21-2008 07:43 PM

I get the flashing, mostly my left eye. I find it happens more when I'm tired or have overdone it that day. Thankfully, I've not dealt too much with ON only during my worst flare ever in 2006.

momXseven 02-21-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slskckjebw (Post 220822)
Wow, that is a really long time. Have you had an MRI? I know it is hard to see ON at times, but 8 weeks. That is awful you have had to wait that long.

I get flashes of lights when I move my eye. Mostw of the time they are sparkles. I've had ON twice this year.

LA

Yes, I had an MRI (without contrast) about a week after the eye started actting up.

slskckjebw 02-21-2008 08:46 PM

You need an MRI of your eye orbits with contrast.LA

Quote:

Originally Posted by momXseven (Post 220858)
Yes, I had an MRI (without contrast) about a week after the eye started actting up.

Erin524 02-21-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slskckjebw (Post 220925)
You need an MRI of your eye orbits with contrast.LA

I agree...she needs another MRI with contrast. (I hate brain MRI's myself, so I feel bad that I'm agreeing with that)

momXseven 02-21-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 220929)
I agree...she needs another MRI with contrast. (I hate brain MRI's myself, so I feel bad that I'm agreeing with that)

I know, I was going to wait and see what the eye Dr said when he called Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday, but he still hasn't yet. :(

slskckjebw 02-21-2008 09:52 PM

I know....me too! I have had 3 MRI's this year with another one coming up next week. I seem to get more nervous the more I have. :eek:

LA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 220929)