NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Hey everybody I found ya (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/39737-hey-found-ya.html)

mindyandy420 02-23-2008 01:14 PM

Hey everybody I found ya

Hey there ev1. Well I have been in limboland. No fun. I have had my EEG & SSEP which are normal....arrrghh. I dont know what is wrong with me. I have had blood work done. Normal same with MRI.

Hmmmmm......

I dont know maybe because I only had 1 major flare in December that lasted about 1 month. I still have some residue effects. Burning, tingly, numbness.
At least my cog fog has lifted. Thank goodness.

Well I just wanted to say hello.....:)

Mindy

sugarboo 02-23-2008 01:53 PM

Hi Mindy!
Glad you found us!! Glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal. I'm pretty much back to normal too except some buzzing in hands and feet.

What took you so long?? LOL!!!!

Welcome!

mindyandy420 02-23-2008 02:02 PM

so long

What took me so long? Well I've been going thru tests. I dont know what I have. My neuro says since my MRI and SSEP is normal that it is not MS. Well I know how MS can be very deceiving. So I hang in limboland....LOL. I see that I have good company here.

I'm happy to see my fellow friends here;)

SallyC 02-23-2008 02:04 PM

Welcome Mindy...Glad you found us..:)

AZjanie 02-23-2008 04:24 PM

Hi and WELCOME!!

This is a really great place and I know you will really like it here.

I have found everyone is so friendly and helpful and moderators are so nice!!

tante 02-23-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindyandy420 (Post 222338)
What took me so long? Well I've been going thru tests. I dont know what I have. My neuro says since my MRI and SSEP is normal that it is not MS. Well I know how MS can be very deceiving. So I hang in limboland....LOL. I see that I have good company here.

I'm happy to see my fellow friends here;)

Hi Mindy, it's good to see you here, I wasn't sure how to point you in this direction so I'm glad someone wiser than I, did, or that you found your way on your own. :)

I think your use of the word deceiving is real appropriate, and the diagnostic process can also lead us on long and tortuous paths. I swear, the way some people have been treated while trying to find answers, it amazes me they stay as well, and as sane, as they do.

I think I am going to be the Queen Mum of Limboland... I was actually dxed w/ MS in 1979 based on criteria available at the time. Dx was taken back with my first clear MRI.

It has only been in the past 1 1/2 years that most actual tests have come back abnormal or positive for me. But, even with
5 Obands, abnormal VEPs, BAERs, SSEPs, and increasingly frequent and worsening episodes, yada, yada...with a clear mri ...it is no diagnosis and symptom treatment only. Time for new MRIs.

I can only hope that you, and GJ, don't have to wait a whole lot longer, at least relatively speaking, and that in the meantime you BOTH hang in there and keep looking for answers.

:hug: and apologies....I'm way too "talky" the past two days. Don't know
wha's up..:confused:

Again I'm glad to see you here.

DM 02-23-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZjanie (Post 222407)
Hi and WELCOME!!

This is a really great place and I know you will really like it here.

I have found everyone is so friendly and helpful and moderators are so nice!!

Even I'm nice Mindy!!! *grin* Glad to have you w/us.

Jump in and join wherever you see fit. Oh, and here's a lil umbrella drink to help ya relax. Welcome!!! :welcome_sign:

MSCherokee 02-23-2008 05:55 PM

Welcome Mindy, and I'm glad you found us! :D

sabimax 02-23-2008 06:36 PM

you found us...hi Mindy....hugsss
I am at both places...and wish you luck on the dx journey...totally hope it ends with a dx quicker than mine...hehe still limboing...hugsss,sarah

NurseNancy 02-23-2008 06:44 PM

hi mindy,

glad you found us.
sometimes it takes lesions a few yrs to show up on an mri.
it could just be that with more time whatever is wrong will show up better to your dr. of course i hope it's not MS.

hope you're doing better.