NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   6 month neuro app't this week (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/39764-6-month-neuro-appt-week.html)

doydie 02-24-2008 12:24 AM

6 month neuro app't this week

I have never had any concerns about my app'ts since I haven't had any major problems in a long time. I thought this app't would be the same. I still don't have any problems but there is one major thing I willl bring up. I had my 2 year MRI and the nurse called me to say it was stable and even one of the lesions had shrunk. My neuro had never told me I had any more than 1 for the last 11 years! So this MRI report and her explanation should prove to be very interesting.

I generally have one year app'ts but on my last app't she scheduled a sleep study and she always asks for a 6 month follow up unless of course it's something a lot worse and then it's an immediate follow up.

Annelee 02-24-2008 02:14 PM

Doydie,

I suppose that this is good and curious news all at the same time. Wish I were a fly on the wall for your next neuro appt!:wink:

doydie 02-29-2008 01:01 AM

Had my app't today. Main question was about my MRI. She looked at the report and said it was stable. So when I asked her about what the nurse told me about more than one lseion, she said that when the nurse read 'the lesion in the central pons' has decreased' that the nurse took it that the lesion there had decreased but that the others were the same. My MS is still clinically probable because I continue to have only the one lesion and the nurse didn't take that into consideration. So bottom line, I still just have the one lesion and I am stable.

I told her my two main problems were psoriasis and insomnia. She can't help me with the one except for giving me advice but ordered me Ambien for the other. So I took it to Sams and 15 pillls were $50.00!!!!!! All because she signed her name on name brand only. So I refused it and will call her office tomorrow and get another one for generic.

So overall I had an excellent app't!!!

tijerota 02-29-2008 01:16 PM

Glad you had an excellant neuro visit today. Great news about still only having one lesion! The generic Ambien works great for me but not for my husband. Nothing works for him as far as a sleep aid is concerned. Hope you start getting better sleep.

MSacorn 02-29-2008 01:16 PM

Doydie
What wonderful news. I wish they continue to be that promising for you. I'm hoping the generic rx is filled and brings you lots of good sleep. $50 :eek: Great job to refuse it, I never would have thought of that. Kudos to you.

:hug:

the Bird 03-01-2008 08:53 PM

Good for you to refuse the name brand sleep aide, when there are so many others out there!

I'm glad you are doing good otherwise....

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

doydie 03-02-2008 12:05 AM

I didn't think of refusing it. If my husband hadn't been with me I would have taken it home. I actuallly signed for it and then took it back. I guess that's what spouses are for.

braingonebad 03-02-2008 10:07 AM

Glad your appt went well, and your lesion is shrinking! Cool beans.

Let us know what you think of the gen ambien, okay? I'm a RX tightwad. I would have been the one to refuse and ask for the generic, lol.