NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Weekly Check-In Feb 24-March 1, 2008 (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/39827-weekly-check-feb-24-march-1-2008-a.html)

stevem53 02-24-2008 10:47 PM

Weekly Check-In Feb 24-March 1, 2008

Hi Everyone..I cant wait for this weather to break..Ive had enough of winter..We have a couple of inches of snow and ice on the ground from a couple of days ago..It snowed, then freezing rain, then changed to all rain..I had to got to a wake Friday night in that crappy weather, but the roads were in decent shape because it had turned to rain..All except for one place..To get to Fall River Ma, you have to cross a bridge that spans the bay, and unbeknownst to me, the steel from the ridge, and the cement deck was a solid sheet of ice, and there was an accident on the top of the bridge..I was moving with traffic at about 50 mph, and when I hit the brakes to slow down cuz the traffic had stopped, my truck kept on going..Its a good thing I wasnt close to the car in front of me..Luckily I was able to stop in time

I am going to meet Mrs Lonnie Ali on Wednesday morning with the R.I. APDA board..Like an idiot, I thought it was today, and got up early, and put on my Sunday best and headed out to Providence, and when I got there I was wondering where everyone was..:confused: :rolleyes:..Come to find out it is on the 27th, and not on the 24th..For some reason the 24th stuck in my head..Oh well!

How was your week?

burckle 02-24-2008 11:27 PM

Hi Steve:

You were lucky not to be so close to the vehicle ahead of you. I spent part of my week at the Institute for Neurodegenerative disorders in New Haven. I go there every two years to get a brain scan. This is one of the PD trials that I'm on; this was my third visit to Yale. Don't know what they saw but it will add to our knowledge of PD progression. I treart it as a mini-vacatiion with brain scan added.

All the best,

Lloyd

RLSmi 02-26-2008 01:49 AM

Just returned

from a weekend in Dallas to visit family. My sister and Sue's two brothers live there. Had a great visit with them. Weather was nice.

Steve, i pity you New Englanders (and others living in chillier climes) who have to deal with ice and snow for extended periods in the winter. Happy for you that your scary bridge slide ended with no collision.

Lloyd, we enjoyed the cozy, convenient accomodations the folks at IND provided at the New Haven when we were there in February, 2006. One does not have to go outside to go from the hotel to the Institute.

Everyone stay warm. Spring is coming!

Robert

gaykir 02-26-2008 02:53 PM

I'm with Robert! Sorry for all of you who are dealing with the cold and snow! When we lived in Chicago Kevin struggked so in the winters!