NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Flu Season (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/39857-flu-season.html)

sugarboo 02-25-2008 11:00 AM

The Flu Season

I didn't get a flu shot, but I'm hearing it wouldn't have mattered as the strain out there is not protected by this years shot. In any event, I went to Wal-Mart this weekend, and think I may have picked up the flu while I was there. Got that morning ick feeling going on :( Anyone here getting sick? I hear it's rampant throughout the states.

Blaaaaaa~:(

Twizzler 02-25-2008 01:05 PM

Sick here....I've been sick (in bed mostly) since Thursday. :Sick:
I have a bad cough, headache, and body aches. I'm not sure if it's the flu, though since I haven't had a fever.

Weird though are these other (more concerning) symptoms: unbearable burning feeling on back (like a sunburn), stabbing pains in bottoms of feet, pain when I move my right eyeball, fluctuating pain in hips, legs, etc. The past couple of nights, I have been unable to sleep due to severe pain in my legs (specifially the backs of my thighs.)

I made an appt with my PCP today. Not that ever really gets me anywhere. I'm sure he'll just say there's something going around.

momXseven 02-25-2008 01:33 PM

We had the 1st reported case of the flu in our county (population some where around 603,337) :rolleyes:

sugarboo 02-25-2008 01:42 PM

Huh, I'd seen on the Flu Report that the whole country was in deep....and they say it's getting worse. Its all in my throat at the moment, with some coughing and a bit of a sinus thing starting up....I'm in that wait and see mode: Will it get worse, or is it a touch of it?

No fever yet for me either Twizzler....I do hope you feel better soon!

Everyone; Wash thy hands and don't toucheth thy nose, eyes or mouth! (Yeah, like that's an easy one!)

greta 02-25-2008 02:00 PM

I didn't get a shot either. So far so good. I really hope that this isn't the flu you have. Feel better soon.

McGimpy 02-25-2008 04:34 PM

So far only a sinus cold. I too got the flu shot,It's nice to know that i just wasted 40 bucks:(:D

sugarboo 02-25-2008 04:36 PM

<grin>

The more the day progesses, I'm thinking this may be a cold, not the flu. Crossed fingers....of course when you consider the time to heal, I think it takes longer to get over a cold then the flu....can't remember it's been so long since I had a cold or flu!!

BaxterTheBunny 02-25-2008 06:31 PM

I've found the best place to go during the cold/flu season to catch something is church.

I stopped attending, but if I still did I wouldn't go during this season.

Hope you're feeling better and it's not the flu.

:hug:
Kim

greta 02-25-2008 06:38 PM

Don't forget that for anyone who thinks that they might have the flu or have been exposed to the flu - run, don't walk to your doc for some Tamiflu. They can do a really quick swab test at the office to make sure it's the flu and not just a cold. My nephew got Tamiflu and it helped keep his flu to a dull roar and the rest of my sister's family got it and none of them ended up with the flu.

Curious 02-25-2008 06:51 PM

yep..grandmonkey has the flu..step and pheumonia.

he is taking tamiflu. word of warning...for kids..the liquid tastes HORRIBLE.

i have the headache and achey body today. :(