NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Question About Abdominal Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/39901-question-abdominal-pain.html)

Friend2U 02-25-2008 09:16 PM

Question About Abdominal Pain

I'm sure this may not belong in the forum, but I have a concern tonight and wonder if anyone of you would have an idea about it. My daughter is 15 weeks pregnant. She has been having what she has thought is cramps in her lower left abdominal area. Not all the time, just off and on. It feels kinda like period cramps used to for her. When she presses on the spot (always same place) it gives her relief. Today on the way home from her doctor appt (of course it always happens after you've seen the dr), it starts hurting again and she discovered there is a lump in the same location. I can actually feel it. She called the dr on call at the hospital, he wants her to wait and call her dr tomorrow and doesn't feel it's an emergency. We are assuming he knew what he was talking about. But it certainly is a worry. I"m just curious if anyone has a thought of what it might be, or do you know a good website that might give some possible answers. Some of you are SO SMART about so many things. :wink:

Thanks so much!

Friend2U 02-25-2008 09:57 PM

Please say a little prayer.

Also, I am probably over protective because she has been through a rough time... miscourages while she lived out of state, she has endometreosis and a painful SI joint. Which probably is not related to this pain, but I am just concerned. I know this is something minor, but she just really doesn't need anything else to go wrong right now.

Curious 02-25-2008 10:08 PM

no dr here..but mom of 4....

it could be her uterus is stretching. it feels crampy.

but anytime in doubt...call her dr. they are used to these questions.

:hug:

momXseven 02-26-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 224233)
no dr here..but mom of 4....

it could be her uterus is stretching. it feels crampy.

but anytime in doubt...call her dr. they are used to these questions.

:I-Agree:
If this is her 1st it's about that time for all those muscles to be stretching. And it can be very painful. But do check with the Dr just to make sure.

Friend2U 02-26-2008 07:41 PM

Yes, it is her first.

Thank you for your input. Today I am also wondering if it could be a hernia. I don't know anything about that, but she moved here recently from Alaska and had to do a lot of moving and packing by herself. I just thought of this. I've never experienced a hernia. So don't know.

Abbie 02-26-2008 08:54 PM

As I am not a mom nor ever been pregnant... I have no answers but I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Abbie

PolarExpress 02-26-2008 08:58 PM

No smart doctor here, just wondering if your daughter called her doctor today and what she found out..So many odd aches and pains during pregnancy, but you're right, she doesn't need to have any more to worry about. Hope she's feeling better today!

Koala77 02-26-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friend2U (Post 224987)
....... Today I am also wondering if it could be a hernia......

Abdominal hernia's can be in the groin (inguinal hernia), incisional ones along a previous scar or umbilical hernias are in the belly button.

Groin hernias are usually one sided and are very painful when coughing, or putting extra pressure in the groin.

Umbilicall (belly button) hernias are usually characterized by a greatly protruding belly button, and incisional hernias are in the scar line of an old operation, and again involve swelling.

Inguinal hernias are the ones we usually see from strain injuries such as heavy lifting.

I hope she now has an appt to see her doctor about this pain.

Let us know how she gets on.

Friend2U 02-27-2008 11:40 PM

Thank you all for caring so much!

... and for the information, especially on the hernias. I will look those up and do some reading. I will keep you posted when she know something for sure. I appreciate your prayers. :) Bless you!