NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Hi all, new here (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/40025-hi.html)

kalamity_jane 02-27-2008 02:33 AM

Hi all, new here

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be welcome in this thread coz although I do have what my doc calls permanent amnesia, it's not from an accident or anything, it was from being attacked as a kid, so I'm not sure I'd have anything in common with your symptoms or not...but I'd still like to be supportive for everybody!

Well, that's it for the intro but for a painfully shy person...lol I just shocked myself!:eek:

:hug: to everybody

cathym 02-27-2008 02:50 AM

Welcome.

Thanks for the post. Hope something here will help you too.

Joe M 03-15-2008 04:14 PM

Hi Bashful Jane!!!

[QUOTE=kalamity_jane;225370]Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be welcome in this thread coz although I do have what my doc calls permanent amnesia, it's not from an accident or anything, it was from being attacked as a kid, so I'm not sure I'd have anything in common with your symptoms or not...but I'd still like to be supportive for everybody!

:p

Honey, I fear the same thing! Because of this brain trauma, I have amnesia for basically my whole life!! How we can share ideas and support is easy ... let's begin my talking about what's the toughest thing for you to do!! For me, this support group is like daily therapy!

Jane, a way for you to look at this is ... Maybe today going out in public & being around strangers is brutal... maybe tomorrow it's hearing sounds in church that make your head hurt ... also, you may cry uncontrollably and not know why.

Honey, please just know that I've been thru the same thing & still try to conquer many issues. Talk to me via email if you need some support!! I would love to Chat!

GOOD LUCK HONEY & GOD BLESS!

Joe M

WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER, JANE.

kalamity_jane 03-15-2008 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=Joe M;237738]
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalamity_jane (Post 225370)
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be welcome in this thread coz although I do have what my doc calls permanent amnesia, it's not from an accident or anything, it was from being attacked as a kid, so I'm not sure I'd have anything in common with your symptoms or not...but I'd still like to be supportive for everybody!

:p

Honey, I fear the same thing! Because of this brain trauma, I have amnesia for basically my whole life!! How we can share ideas and support is easy ... let's begin my talking about what's the toughest thing for you to do!! For me, this support group is like daily therapy!

Jane, a way for you to look at this is ... Maybe today going out in public & being around strangers is brutal... maybe tomorrow it's hearing sounds in church that make your head hurt ... also, you may cry uncontrollably and not know why.

Honey, please just know that I've been thru the same thing & still try to conquer many issues. Talk to me via email if you need some support!! I would love to Chat!

GOOD LUCK HONEY & GOD BLESS!

Joe M

WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER, JANE.

Thank you Joe, it's nice to know there's somebody out there who does understand. Hope we can be support for one another.

Take care and God bless,
k_j

Dmom3005 03-16-2008 07:57 PM

HI kalamity

We are all here for anyone that needs support. So just remember that.

Sometimes we can answer others questions and sometimes not. But
sometimes we can just offer support.

Donna

froglady 03-17-2008 09:37 AM

Hello Klamity, WELCOME. Gaye

MooseasaurusRex 03-17-2008 11:20 AM

One big, warm, tight, hug, handshake and howdy, moose-size official type welcome to the site. This place is awesome!

Not sure if you would be welcome? Not sure..

PPPFFFTTT!:D

I sneak in here every once in awhile because of a TBI I had in a car wreck 2 years ago. Just seing if anything clicks with what our members here are saying and anything I may be coping with. But regardless;

You are not alone.:)
You are one of us.:hug:
And we are here to help.:grouphug: