NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Side Effects (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/40100-effects.html)

BaxterTheBunny 02-27-2008 09:10 PM

Side Effects

I posted the thread about RLS and the meds used to treat it.

We got into the discussion about the side effects which are; sexual increase and gambling.

So if you could choose your side effects what would they be?

Weight Loss?
Bigger Boobs?
Smaller Boobs?
Perky tight A..?
Blonde Hair?
Long lean legs?
Higher IQ?

To be able to see through walls?
To be able to hear what people are thinking?

;)

the Bird 02-27-2008 09:15 PM

Hmmm...

chosing side effects...that's kind of scary actually....

my first thought was to chose energy - lots of it! But then that could get me in trouble!!

:D

MSacorn 02-28-2008 01:04 AM

I'd definitely choose weight loss. Why does it seem that alot of the meds for MS cause weight gain?

Catch 02-28-2008 05:23 PM

What fun!

I'd have to go with the mood improvement when on IV steroids (solumedrol). I've never had such a complete sense of peace. I'll take that over anything!

Debbie D 02-28-2008 05:50 PM

Definitely the weight loss...I'm abut 50 lbs overweight, and that round of oral prednisone didn't help:mad:
I've been on a strict diet for 9 days, lost 5.5 lbs so far. That's almost all of the prednisone weight I'd gained in December. I am so blasted hungry!

Kitty 02-28-2008 05:52 PM

Hands down......it's LOSE WEIGHT!!!

I don't know what the culprit is (certainly isn't me eating more!!:eek:) but I've gained probably close to 20 pounds since I've been dx (2005). No fair! I should not have this disease AND an extra 20 pounds to carry around. :Dunno:

sugarboo 02-28-2008 06:24 PM

Yep, me too. Weight loss is a definate plus! I tend to stay fairly thin, but I have this problem with going up and down. This winter I've managed to put on about 15lbs and I feel like a fat pig. Dosen't stop me from having milk shakes and cookies tho :rolleyes:

I have noticed that on AD's I eat less....so here's to dropping the weight by summer :cool:

OH! And I wouldn't mind PERKY BOOBS!!!

tovaxin_lab_rat 02-28-2008 06:28 PM

Everytime I see those stupid advertisements about Mirapex and Requip with the gambling side effect, I just laugh. I was on Requip, and it certainly didn't have that side effect. In fact, it didn't work at all for RLS.

I am back on Klonopin for the RLS...for one thing you can adjust the dosage a whole lot easier!

But gambling...how does a drug have a side effect of gambling?? And how did they figure that one out?

Curious minds want to know!! :confused:

sugarboo 02-28-2008 06:29 PM

I don't know, maybe they tested it in Las Vegas? :eek:

tovaxin_lab_rat 02-28-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenjeans (Post 226591)
I don't know, maybe they tested it in Las Vegas? :eek:

That would be a good place to find impartial test dummies! LOL!