NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   On a lighter note.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/41080-lighter-note.html)

RedPenguins 03-12-2008 12:11 AM

On a lighter note....

I'm feeling pretty lousy tonight - both emotionally and physically. So, of course I turned to food (not so shocking) - and went to my freezer to get some frozen Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies...

and that got me to thinking...

What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie?

(sorry, it's GS cookie season here in Los Angeles)

~Keri

ewizabeth 03-12-2008 12:42 AM

Caramel Delights here! But we only bought one box! :) I finished them off yesterday. :D

Koala77 03-12-2008 12:54 AM

So sorry you're feeling YUK tonight!

Thanks for bringing up the Guide Biscuits. I haven't seen one in many years.

We only ever got one choice here in Oz and that was a shortbread.

It was never ordinary shortbread though, and I have no idea how they made them, but they were always better than any biscuit you could buy at the supermarket.

As a 'brownie' then a 'Girl Guide', I sold my fair share of biscuits over the years, but I think my girlfriend has done better. She's been in Guides and Scouts since she was a tiny tot, and now she's 56.

She herself was a Brownie, then a Guide, then an Adventurer, then a Queens guide (that's special here in OZ), then she had children. Her children were boys so she turned her works to the boy scouts. She became a "Brown Owl", then the Scout Leader (I don't remember what that one's called or how to spell it, but it's the top scout one.), then Adventurer leader, then Ranger leader, in fact she became the leader of every group there was to do with cubs and scouts. I don't know if it's even the same in the US.

She's Deputy Commissioner of Scouts now here in my home state, and has travelled all over the world promoting scouts and guides.

I daresay she's sold a few more Guide biscuits than I ever did.

Kitty 03-12-2008 05:36 AM

Thin Mints here!! Especially if they have been in the freeezer. . . . .yum.

Blessings2You 03-12-2008 05:43 AM

I like them all, unfortunately.

I don't have to "turn to" food, because I'm always facing that direction. :icecream:

karousel 03-12-2008 02:36 PM

Thin Mint and Tagalongs. We have GS cookie time in the fall but we still have a few boxes left and my DD opened our last Thin Mint today.

Victorya 03-12-2008 10:26 PM

My DD just finished selling. We had to turn in $$ yesterday.

My favorites are the carmel delight. I haven't been a Thin Mints addict for years. I used to like them years ago, not really thrilled with them anymore.

tkrik 03-12-2008 10:28 PM

Thin mints are my favorite.

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-12-2008 10:36 PM

I just ordered mine yesterday! 6 boxes of Thin Mints! Is there any other?

;)

SandyC 03-12-2008 11:57 PM

Peanut butter. Where the heck are the GS's in my area?