NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Pain Medication ??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/41097-pain-medication.html)

yeahbut 03-12-2008 05:46 AM

Pain Medication ???

Is there a pain medication out there (to use for MS leg pain mostly) that you can function while at work? I have a hard time that most pain medication makes me dizzy & of couse I am asleep within 1/2 hour..... I use Darvocet now but can't take it unless I am at home. :(

AfterMyNap 03-12-2008 02:23 PM

My little lambchop, has your neuro ever mentioned neurontin (Gabapentin)?

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-12-2008 07:07 PM

Vicodin or Norco? I take either of those two meds during the day in half strength.

They do take the edge off...

yeahbut 03-12-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 235347)
My little lambchop, has your neuro ever mentioned neurontin (Gabapentin)?

nope.... I will ask

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 235546)
Vicodin or Norco? I take either of those two meds during the day in half strength.

They do take the edge off...

can't take Vicodin - I vomit within 20 mins of it in my system - never heard of Norco?

PCP called this afternoon and wants me to take 800 mg of Ibuprofin in the morning and midafternoon until I can see the neuro.

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-12-2008 07:26 PM

Norco is a stronger Vicodin. So if Vicodin makes your vomit in 20 minutes, then Norco will probably have you vomiting in 10... we wouldn't want our little lampchop throwing up all the time!

Ask about the Neurotin. Maybe 1/2 dose of dilantin? It's for the same kind of pain...I know that stuff put me to sleep so maybe it's not a good idea, but it did help...just a thought.

Get better...:hug:

shiney sue 03-12-2008 07:49 PM

Hi yeahbut

YEAHBUT,oh boy seems like I'm heard that for 30 yrs,by my 3 30
year old kids..Not about dope,just yeahbut..Well Cindy got a pretty
goos idea, Gabapentin sub for Neurontin it worls for ms,pn and many
other problems..The Ibunrofin make sure you take with food or milk.
Have you spilt the Darvocet,cut it in half,may not make you so dizzy.

Where am I??? Well doesn't matter getting my excersice,,Ok bye to
the most gorgeous,you know who you are..Well Hugs Sue

yeahbut 03-12-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiney sue (Post 235591)
YEAHBUT,oh boy seems like I'm heard that for 30 yrs,by my 3 30
year old kids..Not about dope,just yeahbut..

Sue that is where the yeahbut came from for me! my girls seems to say that all the time and it drove me crazy! They thought it was really cool though when I put it on my license plate and my email.... and they are 20 & 17!

shiney sue 03-12-2008 10:14 PM

Hi

Good idea that's what i'm trying to teach my 10 month old Grandson..
Ha hope it works..Hugs to you all,Cindy is that you lambchop???:confused:

dllfo 03-12-2008 11:55 PM

I used Neurontin for over a year, 900mg a day, without side effects.

I also have used Valium (OK, can't remember how to spell Diazapam...uh..Diazopam, no...it is....sorry, having a morphine moment here) -- Those are the two I have used. My RLS went away for 4 years, just came back.

I now take Neurontin every evening -- 300mg. Seems to be working. When it REALLY gets me, I use my Oxycodone. But I have been on Avinza and used Oxycodone for a couple of years, so the Oxycodone does not put me to sleep.

Good luck with it...

yeahbut 03-13-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiney sue (Post 235720)
,Cindy is that you lambchop???:confused:

Cindy, I know the answer to this question but I will let you answer since she directed the question to you...... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dllfo (Post 235783)
I used Neurontin for over a year, 900mg a day, without side effects.

I also have used Valium (OK, can't remember how to spell Diazapam...uh..Diazopam, no...it is....sorry, having a morphine moment here) -- Those are the two I have used. My RLS went away for 4 years, just came back.

I now take Neurontin every evening -- 300mg. Seems to be working. When it REALLY gets me, I use my Oxycodone. But I have been on Avinza and used Oxycodone for a couple of years, so the Oxycodone does not put me to sleep.

Good luck with it...

Do you take the Valium for the RLS? My dad has just been dx with this... I don't know much about it but they haven't given him any drugs for it yet, he has to go to another doctor for that.