NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Good Doctor Bad Doctor!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/41505-doctor-bad-doctor.html)

AZjanie 03-17-2008 10:02 PM

Good Doctor Bad Doctor!!

Yesterday I had pains in my left shoulder and last night it got worse and was hard to sleep so sat in a chair all night.

This morning the pain was radiating down the left arm and into my jaw and across my shoulders and down the middle of my back so had DH take me to "fastrax emergency care".

While I was there my BP spiked and I got very dizzy and my left side of my face went numb so the good Doctor called an ambulance and I went to the ER.

I had all the tests done EKG, CAT scan and 6 vials of blood taken. Five hours later the ER attending (bad) Doctor came in and said.....

"There is nothing wrong with you; all your tests are normal so it must be your MS acting up.

You are so fortunate you just have MS and nothing serious.":confused:

I am home now with holes in both arms, two scripts and thank God it's just MS and nothing serious!! :cool:

Erin524 03-17-2008 10:39 PM

Oh yeah, isnt it great that the MS makes us immune (not!)to all other medical problems? It's a cure for the common cold!

Twinkletoes 03-17-2008 10:45 PM

Janie, I gotta tell you -- I just got off the phone with you and YOU SOUNDED GREAT!!! :p

Glad you're okay. Enough scary stuff -- stay well!!! :hug:

SallyC 03-17-2008 10:46 PM

OMG, Janie, It sure sounded like a stoke to me.

I'm glad it was just the good ole MS and nothing serious....Boooooooooo, Doc.:rolleyes::mad:

Are you OK now? Maybe you should get a second opinion? Scary, anyway, for sure..:eek:

Feel better..:hug:

AZjanie 03-18-2008 01:21 PM

Just a follow-up:

Today I read the notes that were sent home with me from E.R.

Female patient treated for headache; headache may have several causes etc......

I didn't have a headache but I am female so they got that part right!

About 5 minutes ago I got a follow-up call from the ER as to the quality of service provided and did I still have a headache??
:confused:

Nope the pain has moved further south!! :rolleyes:

Geesh!! :mad:

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-18-2008 02:15 PM

So, Janie, where did they get the idea you had a headache? That's the question I would be asking...

Glad you are feeling better....

tamiloo 03-18-2008 02:56 PM

Dang you only had MS....sometimes I don't know about the medical world!!!

I hope you are ok and...uhhmmm...the head ache goes away soon...take care of you!!!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...lingBetter.gif

braingonebad 03-18-2008 03:42 PM

Jeeez, Janie...

Sorry you got such a nitwit for a doc.

But you know I always say what comes around goes around. Sometimnes I'd like to come around with a big ol truck and run them over.

:p

AZjanie 03-18-2008 04:57 PM

OOH!!
If you run over his legs with a truck I will offer him an aspirin for his headache!!
:D

Erin524 03-18-2008 05:01 PM

You do know that headache is a doctor euphemism for "woman with hypochondriac tendencies, ignore her other complaints and just treat her for a headache, then send her home and update and pay for your malpractice insurance so when she comes back to be treated again for an actual stroke you wont go broke paying her lawsuit settlement"

I dont quite understand where doctors get the idea that women are either lying about their symptoms, or that things that women complain about arent real medical problems.

When I had the optic neuritis the first time...the notes said "treated for subjective left eye pain". Which basically means they either didnt know what was wrong with me at the time, or that I was drug seeking for pain meds. When they asked if I wanted pain meds, I said no...I dont, I just wanted to know why I had giant blind spots in my left eye and couldnt see. The ER report didnt even mention the light sensitivity or the giant blind spots.