NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   Am I just weird? (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/41792-am-weird.html)

MsMesS 03-21-2008 02:03 PM

Am I just weird?

I am not coping with a death of a loved one. I am coping with the
loss of a friend and lover. I keep fluctuating between feeling completely
empty and in pain to being ok. Am I just weird?

Curious 03-21-2008 02:21 PM

:hug: it's still grief over a loss.

nope. you aren't weird..unless the rest of here are too. :o

Abbie 03-21-2008 05:01 PM

I would call that being normal...

Grief over loss can come through in many different ways...

I know people who laugh...not because they are happy but because that's their "normal" reaction to grief.

Me...I don't deal with loss... I never have... Not cold hearted---I just bottle it up so I don't have to deal with it.

:o
Abbie

Kitty 03-22-2008 04:52 AM

Any kind of loss can cause us to grieve - doesn't necessarily have to be a loss through death.

You're not weird....you're just human with a compassionate heart. :hug:

kalamity_jane 03-26-2008 06:06 AM

No you're not weird...the feelings you describe are a perfectly normal part of the grief process and the road to healing...and it just shows you have a heart :hug:

MsMesS 03-26-2008 11:57 AM

Thank you all!! :grouphug: I have finally moved on to the animosity stage ... :mad::o

lou_lou 03-26-2008 01:03 PM

dear one~

I have heard this but I do not believe it is accredited to any one person,
but many people who like you and I ... who are going through grief

the is no correct way or time to grieve...

:hug:

Kitty 03-29-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTenaLouise (Post 245119)
I have heard this but I do not believe it is accredited to any one person,
but many people who like you and I ... who are going through grief

the is no correct way or time to grieve...

:hug:

So true.....everyone is different and grieves in their own way and in their own time.

GladysD 03-29-2008 06:08 AM

Grief comes in many forms. It's a mixed bag. :hug:
I've been grieving these past couple of days over a loss from long long ago. Grief had a funny way of showing back up on my doorstep, even though I thought I had healed...:) {{{{HUGZ}}}}

LIZARD 03-30-2008 10:29 AM

My daughter's BF of a year recently broke up with her, and when she became severely depressed, I likened what she was dealing with to the recent (and sudden :( ) death of my close friend, Gina. In a real sense, it is a death. She has lost the person she thought he was. I think looking at it that way (and realizing that I could also understand that she could think of it that way) has helped her to begin to heal. She's no longer sad all the time, and we talk a lot more than we used to, so some good has definitely come out of it. :)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

LIZARD :)