NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What did YOU have for Easter Dinner? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/41918-easter-dinner.html)

FlyFishin Momma 03-23-2008 11:59 AM

What did YOU have for Easter Dinner?

I wanna hear about all the different foods you'll cooked or ate for YOUR Easter Diner......

I think its neat how we all have diferent traditions about the foods we eat for the Holidays.........

Let me hear it...............

sugarboo 03-23-2008 12:45 PM

Mother is taking us all out this year, something different. Don't know if I'll be up to it....I'd just rather cry....

He has Risen

Erin524 03-23-2008 01:03 PM

We're going out for Italian food at 230. The restaurant is one of the older Italian restaurants in town. One of the few left from most of the restaurants that started at the end of World War II. Most of the others went out of business.

The people who own the restaurant were from the original Little Italy area of town where my dad grew up. (Irish-Luxembourg kid, growing up in Little Italy...I bet that was an interesting childhood)

I already know what I'm having.

Fried ravioli for an appetizer. Spaghetti and meatballs, and garlic bread.

I miss the cheese bread that they used to make. They'd cover the bread in garlic butter, and then cover that in grated parmesean cheese. Then they'd fry it, put more butter on it and then coat it in more parmesean cheese. (ohmygosh it was tasty!) They dont do it that way any more. :mad:

It's too bad that they still charge for refills on pop there, and the glasses they use for pop are really skinny and not very tall. So, you get something like 3 sips and you're out of pop. (they put tons of ice in it too) So, I'll have to remember to just get water to drink. :(

SallyC 03-23-2008 01:33 PM

I haven't had it yet, but my DF will be bringing me a plate of Ham, Sweet Tators, Lebonese salad and Kibbee (lebonese lamb balls) and I don't know what for dessert.....Yummmmmmm:p

My Family is all out of town on vacations.:)

If I were cooking, it would be ham, plus all the trimmings..

Kitty 03-23-2008 02:23 PM

We're not eating till 6:30 or 7:00 PM tonight but we're having Honey Baked Ham and Honey Baked Roasted Turkey Breast, macaroni & cheese (my Mom's recipe that is SO good), roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, homemade yeast rolls w/honey butter and Angel Lush Cake for dessert. YUM!! Not sure I can wait that long!

CayoKay 03-23-2008 02:24 PM

we had bollos (tamales stuffed with chicken in sauce) rice, beans, and potato salad.

and big icy mugs of fresh-squeezed papaya juice.

kinda hard to have a traditional Easter dinner (our family's usual dinner was baked ham, scalloped potatoes, and veggies) here in the jungle, unless you raise a pig, and do all the processing and smoking at home.

:D

we're raising a pig now (Kevin Bacon) but he won't be the right size until early summer.

FlyFishin Momma 03-23-2008 02:44 PM

Kay Darlin..I want a recipe for those bollos..........they sound wonderful...

I was dreamin we went out for chinese but nnnooooo...I had to cook...
we all ate and you cant even tell it was touched.....lol..lol...

We had...ham, turkey both cooked together in the roaster oven....(so moist...very yummy) Cheese taters, broccoli & cauliflower,cream cheese corn, cole slaw, deviled eggs, creamed peas, yeast rolls, pineapple upside down cake and cho brownies w/ cho frosting and peeps on the top.

Anyone want some leftovers..........

DM 03-23-2008 02:46 PM

My Easter is the worst ever. Past Easters, my Mom would come and we'd cook a feast and she'd make the best Easter cake, with a green coconut lil nest on the side filled w/jelly beans. What I wouldn't do for a piece of her cake today.

I usually put about 2000 of the colored plastic eggs in my yard and people always stop and take pics. But, w/the weather so bad until recently, and not feeling well, this is the first yr I didn't do that either.

Gee, I'm kind of a downer on your thread, Kay.

I did put ribs in the oven for supper; does that count??

Hope you all have a warm fuzzy Easter and make many memories for years to come...

*can I come over Kell???*

FlyFishin Momma 03-23-2008 03:04 PM

Thanks for sharing MaryAnn..........
Not every Holiday is going to be perfect....thats for sure.......
We just make the best of it, move on and look fwd to the next!!!!!!

We took turns hiding and hunting eggs this morning...Kim and I for the kids first, then the kids for Kim and I...well they couldnt remember where they hid all the eggs lol....
we did find all but 1 hard boiled egg..........

I guess some lucky coon will have a nice suprise for easter dinner tonight.....lol...lo...

CayoKay 03-23-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma (Post 243068)
Kay Darlin..I want a recipe for those bollos..........they sound wonderful...

I sent you the "recipe" honey... check your PMs.

:D:cool::D