NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   A Magical Easter Moment. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/41927-magical-easter-moment.html)

SallyC 03-23-2008 01:43 PM

A Magical Easter Moment.

I woke up about 5AM this morning and notice a bright light coming from the east, through my window. I looked at the clock and said, too early for sunrise or was it? Since we spring forward, it was actually only 4AM..

Then I assumed it was the Lord showing me his rise to His Father. Call me nuts, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it..:Boy(angel-flying):

Anyone else have a magical moment? :grouphug:

DM 03-23-2008 02:21 PM

I love it Sal! I don't have anything magical to report, but your post gave me a smile. I think your'e right! :hug:

Happy Easter dear Sal!

FlyFishin Momma 03-23-2008 02:22 PM

Oh Sally.thats so sweet...and like you said, Magical..........

I have mentioned this before I am sure..but I will repeat it as often as I can...

My Pops and I were huge Cardinal basebal fans.....I didnt care so much really about the team but the time with Dad was priceless.......well when Pop passed away the Cardinal became more to me then a ball team name....more than just a beautiful bird....it became a symbol....a sign if you will......

I often think about life and the questions I have about it, or concerns, happy memories and even ponder the future when I drive....well often I find myself talking to God and or my Pop during those times. I usually feel like I am being smiled upon and sometimes get weepy and sad thinking how much I miss Pop....but then....on the side of the road, or flying across my path or sitting on a tree branch....there will be the most beautiful, red cardinal......I always get a huge smile and feel such a warmth in my heart.....
I know pops is right there with me.......he is never far away ....
That is my magical moment.

Kitty 03-23-2008 02:30 PM

FFM, Cardinals were my Dad's favorite bird and he had numerous bird feeders over the years wherever he lived. We put up a feeder outside the window of his room at the nursing home and put sunflower seed in it to attract the cardinals. He loved them all but especially the males because they were so bright and beautiful.

I have a bright red cardinal that eats at my birdfeeder right outside my office window and I smile, too, each time I see him 'cause I feel closer to my Dad.

FlyFishin Momma 03-23-2008 02:57 PM

HereKitty~You brought tears to my eyes.......

Thanks for sharing that with me.......

Jappy 03-24-2008 10:16 AM

MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERYDAY. WE JUST HAVE TO OPEN OUR EYES AND HEART

Many years ago my DH bought me a stuffed duck. It quacked and sang
songs in a quacking way.
The reason he did that was I just lost my furry best friend (Ginger). She
was at my side all the time. That was at the time I was dx with ms and very
sick.
He said to look at it and think of the good times she and I shared. It
will make me feel happy.
Also my dh nickname was DUCKY
When he passed 2 yrs. ago, my ddil was in the house while all of us were
at the VETERANS CLUB after the funeral, She was getting her stuff to go
back home to Kentucky. When she was leaving she said "GOOD-BYE DONALD"

The Duck Quacked by itself. Since then when I least expect it,
when I am sad, sick, missing him so, or afraid of just being alone
It Quacks.
I am sure by now you are saying this women is a quack.
If you really new me more personally you would now that I am speaking
the truth.
Other friends and family have been here in our home and experienced
this duck to quack when you least expect to hear anything.
I keep it on my bed. To me this is my MIRACLE. To me my DH is
saying I am still with you and watching over you.

WHEN YOU BELIEVE ALL IS POSSIBLE

Jappy :grouphug: :Heart:

SallyC 03-24-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

WHEN YOU BELIEVE ALL IS POSSIBLE
Isn't that the truth, Joyce!! :)

We have more in common than I thought....My DH's wake was held at the American Legion..:)

:hug: