NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   New Accessible Airline! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/42076-accessible-airline.html)

AfterMyNap 03-25-2008 01:13 PM

New Accessible Airline!

For anyone who travels with a wheelchair, scooter or other disability equipment, including oxygen and service animals, there is a new, fantastic alternative to commercial airlines! This group hopes to be up and running this summer and I hope to be among their first clients!

The fares are at or below commercial rates and this is a sponsored, non-profit organization. The coolest thing is that they are very mindful about proper care for our expensive, fragile equipment.

Check it out!

http://www.iflymat.org/index.html

NaeNae 03-25-2008 01:23 PM

Thats awesome! I was just complaining about this the other day! I already saved them into my favorites!

momXseven 03-25-2008 01:39 PM

That's so awesome, only bad thing I see for me, there 9 of us. We couldn't fly together. :(

SandyC 03-25-2008 01:42 PM

Seriously, this made me cry. Jim and I stopped flying when his electric wheelchair was broken beyond repair. This is when we bought our first conversion van and have hit the pavement since then. One of Jim's wishes to to travel to Hawaii and I hate that our fear is the loss of his "legs", so we put that dream away. Even though they don't go that far or maybe they do...something I have to go research. Either way, this is very cool!

Is it possible this can happen? I have butterflies in my tummy. Thanks for posting Cindy.

AfterMyNap 03-25-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momXseven (Post 244385)
That's so awesome, only bad thing I see for me, there 9 of us. We couldn't fly together. :(

Wow, I hadn't realized that your level of disability had become so profound. I'm sorry to learn that. But, if you're used to flying in a party of 9 and keeping them all together, you probably know more tricks about flying than I ever have! Do you all normally just fly charter or commercial?

We had 8 in our family and my parents split us up deliberately with each of them, some jibber jabber about being easier to control us.:rolleyes:

greta 03-25-2008 02:46 PM

This is so cool! I would love to be able to vacation with my mom in some of the places she used to love to visit! This would make it so much easier. We flew her for an emergency trip to Boston last year but it was very difficult and very nervewracking. Think of me deadlifting my mom into and out of an airplane seat. Not a pretty sight. The people who are developing this idea are angels!

Earl 03-25-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 244374)
For anyone who travels with a wheelchair, scooter or other disability equipment, including oxygen and service animals, there is a new, fantastic alternative to commercial airlines! This group hopes to be up and running this summer and I hope to be among their first clients!

The fares are at or below commercial rates and this is a sponsored, non-profit organization. The coolest thing is that they are very mindful about proper care for our expensive, fragile equipment.

Check it out!

http://www.iflymat.org/index.html

It is really something to look forward to. imagine, flying basically in a corporate jet for the price of commercial ....I m glad some angel brought it to AMN's Attention..:winky:

AfterMyNap 03-25-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 244765)
It is really something to look forward to. imagine, flying basically in a corporate jet for the price of commercial ....I m glad some angel brought it to AMN's Attention..:winky:

LOL, I knew you'd never be able to stand it! LMAO!!!!

"angel"... my butt.:p:p:p

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-25-2008 10:45 PM

This is really cool! It's about time someone finally came up with this idea! I wonder how long they will be able to fund this!

I love it! Gee, maybe I can get my lazy butt retired airline husband to fly for this company! LOL!

momXseven 03-26-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 244416)
Wow, I hadn't realized that your level of disability had become so profound. I'm sorry to learn that. But, if you're used to flying in a party of 9 and keeping them all together, you probably know more tricks about flying than I ever have! Do you all normally just fly charter or commercial?

We had 8 in our family and my parents split us up deliberately with each of them, some jibber jabber about being easier to control us.:rolleyes:

We don't fly anymore because it's just to hard. It's hard on me to begin with and than to control the kids also. The last trip was just DH and I 1 1/2 years ago to Jamaica and I got over heated both times, had to take a lot of pain meds for the trip home. I was so weak and shaking after each plain trip and than was 2 down there and 2 back that it toke a full day to feel well enough to move around. So DH said next trip I'm using a wheel chair, that it was just to hard on my body. And now we know why it hurts so bad to stand and why I can't walk fast.

Oh we have never done charter, only commercial.