NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Can Fibro cause tendon inflamation? (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/42099-fibro-cause-tendon-inflamation.html)

KatieG 03-25-2008 07:24 PM

Can Fibro cause tendon inflamation?

I was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years ago. I have also been battling severe tendonitis in my ankles,left elbow, and left wrist. Can these be a part of the fibro? I never thought of fibro being the cause. I have had to quit work and now can only sub about 2 days per week. I'm a school/congregate meal cook. I cannot take perscription meds due to side effects. Been using excedrin back and body for worst pain. Doesn't help much. Any suggestions?
Katie

EE03 03-27-2008 03:53 AM

Katie,

I've been told that FMS causes your tendons, ligaments, and muscles to become tight. I wrestle with this all the time. I see a massage therapist weekly and still have a lot of problems with this. My muscles have been going into spasms since Sept. of last year and even though I'm taking a muscle relaxer (prescribed) on a daily basis, all of these are issues for me. I don't have any advice concerning what to take for it and thats best left to your doctor. I also exercise daily and stretch quite a bit, use moist heat and a stim unit, but I still have a lot of problems. Take care, Ellena

KatieG 03-27-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EE03 (Post 245618)
Katie,

I've been told that FMS causes your tendons, ligaments, and muscles to become tight. I wrestle with this all the time. I see a massage therapist weekly and still have a lot of problems with this. My muscles have been going into spasms since Sept. of last year and even though I'm taking a muscle relaxer (prescribed) on a daily basis, all of these are issues for me. I don't have any advice concerning what to take for it and thats best left to your doctor. I also exercise daily and stretch quite a bit, use moist heat and a stim unit, but I still have a lot of problems. Take care, Ellena

Thanks so much. I have been battling tight tendons in my calves for a long time and never thought of it being the fibro. I also have had a lot of shin splints and spasms. I'm trying something new that my doctor has ordered. It's homeopathic. All I know is that it comes in a pretty blue bottle. I'll get instructions from him when I pick it up. I don't even know the name. If it works I'll pass information on. Thanks Katie

EE03 03-27-2008 09:22 PM

Katie,

You should still check with your doctor regarding your tendons. Perhaps you may have already done so. I don't have tendonitis and my therapist was the one who prompted me to go to a doctor about several things she was noticing (she suspected fibro). The spasms came out of the blue as there wasn't any cause for them and first occured while I was asleep. They were so strong that they woke me up. Now, after seeing two rheumatologists, it was the last one who really helped me understand it. Also, this doctor prescribed vitamin D since my last three blood tests were extremely low. This D is actually prescribed at 50000IU and I'm to take one pill a week for 8 weeks, and one pill month thereafter and return to see him in six months. The first rheumatologist was a real jerk (I'm being nice here) and really didn't want to do much to help me. I'll be anxious to here what the blue bottle is.

Take care, Ellena

coyote 05-10-2008 08:28 PM

I was diagnosed with fibro seven years ago, and for the past few years, I've beeen having terrible problems with tendinitis in my arms and shoulders. The fibro makes the connective tissues more succeptible to it. I've gotten relief from cortisone shots and lidocaine patches.