NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/42243-stick-fork-im.html)

BaxterTheBunny 03-27-2008 01:05 PM

Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done

I'll try and make this as short as possible.

Oct 07 had surgery to remove all my colon. Recovered from that and was doing well.

Few weeks ago was weak and faint and at one point passed out. Went to the doctor. They did blood work. Found out I'm severely anemic. They put me in the hospital and give me 3 units of blood. Then send me to the GI doctor to find out why I'm losing blood. I'm scheduled next week for a scope to see if I have a bleeding ulcer or if I'm not absorbing iron. But if those aren't the reason then it's probably something to do with the surgery and they'll probably need to open me back up, which ain't happening. I've made up my mind on that.

Two days ago DH was out of breath. Take him to the doctor. They rush him by ambulance to hospital. He has blood clots in both lungs and in his leg. They give him meds to thin his blood.

DH has his own business. He was able to get released from the hospital this morning to attend an important meeting with his 1 big client...who promptly fired him.

So now we're both having serious health issues and he doesn't have work.

I don't know if it's because of being anemic but I'm emotionally numb right now. Maybe it's because I'm tired. All I know is, I'm done. I'm done.

CayoKay 03-27-2008 01:16 PM

oh, man!

that's a rotten series of events!

I wish I knew the "right" thing to say, to help, but I don't.

I *do* wanna ask though...

why don't you want another surgery?

if something needs repaired, wouldn't you *want* it fixed?

or was the first surgery so awful, you don't want to be opened up again?

:hug: and hang in there, Bunny.

suzyqz_2007 03-27-2008 01:37 PM

I hate to hear that you are having such a hard time. I know it's easier said than done but hang in there, don't give up. Prayers and great big hugs are being sent to you. :hug:

Keely 03-27-2008 02:15 PM

You give so much joy to all of us with your wonderful cartoons--and your great attitude! Prayers are being sent for you and your DH--we're thinking of you! :grouphug:

Twinkletoes 03-27-2008 02:27 PM

Catchy title, Bunny, but I was expecting your thread was going to be something light-hearted. What a crummy series of events for you to have to deal with. :(

So sorry for you and DH. Hope you find that "open window" soon. Hugs to you both. :grouphug:

DM 03-27-2008 02:39 PM

Hi! Talk about having alot on your plate~~ I remember when you had your colon surgery and the time leading up to it. I am sorry you continue to have problems. I will keep you and your DH in my prayers that he continues to recupe, find work and that the solution to your anemia will be easier on you.

take care and keep us posted, OK? :hug:

AfterMyNap 03-27-2008 02:41 PM

Oh, no. Just know that I am praying for both of you.:(

SallyC 03-27-2008 02:42 PM

Sheesh, Baxter, you guys don't do anything in a small way..Huh? :eek: :(

Sending up prayers ro help. I hope You and DH see some light at the end of that tunnel real soon..:hug::hug:

tkrik 03-27-2008 05:13 PM

Saying prayers for you and your dh. Remember God does not give you more than you can handle. Things will work out.

FinLady 03-27-2008 05:53 PM

:hug: You've been through so much. Add my prayers to the other ones.