NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   burning during and after peeing (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/42455-burning-peeing.html)

xxkaceyxx 03-31-2008 05:20 AM

burning during and after peeing

I've recently been feeling a very strong burning sensation while peeing and then after peeing the burning lasts for another 45 minutes to an hour (after taking advil). Could this mean that I have a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection?

About 10 years ago, when I was 7, I had a bladder infection which makes me really feel that this could be the same thing. I have never had sex so I am hoping this is just something out of the blue and maybe it will go away because about a year ago I was feeling these same types of pains and they went away after about 2 weeks or so.

I am affraid to tell my parents because I do not want to go through the painful doctor visits again.

Any suggestions?:(:confused:

Bannet 03-31-2008 07:10 AM

I am not a doctor but it sounds as though you could have a urinary tract infection or other type of infection.

IMHO you need to tell mom so she can take you to the doctor. In most cases they ask for a urine sample and they can get the results of an infection in just minutes.

If its positive most likely they will give you an antibiotic and you will feel better in the next couple of days.

You shouldn't let it go because it can get worse. Let mom know:)

Kitt 03-31-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bannet (Post 248050)
I am not a doctor but it sounds as though you could have a urinary tract infection or other type of infection.

IMHO you need to tell mom so she can take you to the doctor. In most cases they ask for a urine sample and they can get the results of an infection in just minutes.

If its positive most likely they will give you an antibiotic and you will feel better in the next couple of days.

You shouldn't let it go because it can get worse. Let mom know:)

I agree. See a doctor - don't let it go.

Jomar 03-31-2008 01:12 PM

I was having the similar thing last week, but it didn't hurt that long after going.

natural helps are-

cranberry juice, lots of water, those AZO pills {concentrated cranberry extract} or something like them.

avoid junk foods and sugary foods

but you really should let your mother know about this , maybe she would let you try the natural approach first.

Mine turned around in 2 days and no problems now.

but looottss of water to flush out the bacteria.

mrsD 04-01-2008 08:36 AM

many things...

There are many things that can cause female burning...

1) acidic urine may burn... high Vit C intake is one cause. But acidic urine may be from lifestyle as well (food)

2) over use and improper rinsing of soap from the female genitalia may inflame membranes and cause discomfort. Soap residue from washing clothing, or use of fabric softeners can do this too. Double rinse clothing if in doubt and don't use softeners with underwear.

3) Wearing very tight clothing, or thongs. (thongs have been implicated in bladder infections and vaginal infections in women).

4) Yeast infections irritate also. There is a test now (not cheap) in drugstores that you can use to screen yourself. Other than yeast there are other organisms that can be there too. Yeast can follow antibiotic treatments in women as well.

Real bladder infections are very painful. Irritations are more common and often mistaken for them. So there are things you can do-- be a detective.

Kitt 04-01-2008 01:48 PM

Troubles---

This is all so true mrsd. Thank you;)

xxkaceyxx 04-01-2008 06:35 PM

Feeling better

Thank you all for the help. I have definitly been drinking a lot more water recently and so far there has been only a little bit of pain but not much at all. I am trying the natural approach and so far it looks to be working.

Once again thanks for the help :):grouphug:

xxkaceyxx 04-02-2008 10:45 AM

Uh oh...maybe not better

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxkaceyxx (Post 249324)
Thank you all for the help. I have definitly been drinking a lot more water recently and so far there has been only a little bit of pain but not much at all. I am trying the natural approach and so far it looks to be working.

Once again thanks for the help :):grouphug:

This morning I woke up again with a burning pain. I used the restroom and the pain just got worse. It started to go down a bit but I could still feel it for the next hour. Just now I used the toilet and now it's a very intense burning pain. I am making sure to drink lots of water today (since I don't have cranberry juice). Today, unfortunately, also happens to be the day that I have my first babysitting job which will last 5 hours...and it also starts in about 10 minutes. :(:confused:

Any other suggestion to make the pain go away?

Jomar 04-02-2008 11:23 AM

It could be because you were sleeping all night- after some fluids you might feel better.
Plain aspirin? might help
you can't get to a store for the AZO type pills or cranberry juice?

If it hurts bad or for more than a day - you really should talk with your mom.

There shouldn't be any need for a invasive Dr appt.
just the pee in a cup type:cool:

[I am affraid to tell my parents because I do not want to go through the painful doctor visits again.
]

Jomar 04-02-2008 12:19 PM

some links about it-
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

you might double check all the symptoms on the links to see if they fit for you.
Then you'll have a better idea if it is or not.
Might be something else if most symptoms don't match up.