NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   I saw GOD today... (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/42577-god.html)

Burntmarshmallow 04-01-2008 02:53 PM

I saw GOD today...

I know this forum is for the many who need prayers but I enjoyed Abbie's post and thought it would be nice to have an "I saw GOD today" thread.
it will be nice to read all the times God is visible and shows up in the big and little ways durring our everyday lifes. so me first me first

I saw God today walking on the beach I could tell God was there because not one person wore a frown or was in angry mood , I felt warm sunshine on my face and soft sand under my feet. my b.f. best friend not boy friend :eek:gosh I am married 23 yrs my best pal has been having a rough time of thing and we got to visit and she is doing better, THANK GOD
and when I pulled in my drive way the rain showers came dumping down. which was beautiful and smelled so fabulous.
yup I saw God today ;)
Peace
BMW
P.S. Has anyone else spotted God lately?????

Bannet 04-01-2008 06:16 PM

Yep I'm pretty sure I saw God today. As my beautiful niece gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy.

yep I know I saw God today:)

Burntmarshmallow 04-02-2008 06:36 AM

congradulations Bannet! :D newborns .. dont you love the way they smell so fresh and new? !! Yes I would say you spotted God :)

DM 04-02-2008 02:58 PM

I saw God's "work" today when the Sun creeped up in the East. IT was a gorgeous sunrise. :) Does that count BMW?

Burntmarshmallow 04-03-2008 07:00 AM

welll of corse that counts DM :)
Gods work :D anything ya see, hear, smell ,feel , even tatse that makes you think of, remember or feel like God has been there had a hand in creating what ever it may be. I am sure most of yous get the just of it. and a sunrise is on the list most defenatly Daisy. a comfort to me to be able to hear how others find Gods work in every day life. as we can always see and find the "drags of life just by watching the news or reading the paper.
so Thanks to both of you for posting . :hug: :hug:
Peace
BMW

DM 04-03-2008 07:18 AM

I needed this thread right now, BMW~ It reminds me not to take things like a sunrise, sunset or even the new fresh blades of grass Spring is bringing us, for granted.

Watching the sun rise again morning, instead of complaining that I couldn't sleep in, I just sat here, coffee in hand and watched it in awe. It's trying to fight some clouds to shine bright, but it's still fighting for position. Even the sun struggles to shine at times..

:)

Burntmarshmallow 04-03-2008 07:37 AM

Daisy :hug: :hug: :hug:

yup there is beauty and awe in the sturggle tho most dont see it they just concentrate on the struggle and cant focus on the beauty that is there hiding in the back ground . but it is there. dancing like a Ballerina quietly but so gracious. I need this thread too and thanks to Abbies post :hug: I was inspired and started this one.
now I must go and see if I can spot Gods work, Gods hands for I know God is there wathcing over me right now. Ohh and I gotta do my math on line class before my girls get up . They are on school break for a week.:rolleyes:
Peace
BMW

Corkybird 04-03-2008 03:35 PM

In our daily prayers of thanksgiving, there's so many little things each day that make it a GOD day. I often think of the song "It is no secret what GOD can do". I experienced this yesterday as the eagle was gliding overhead, almost like he was spiralling up to say hello to God!

Marilyn

recluse1 04-03-2008 05:56 PM

:Boy(angel-flying):

I saw God today when I found this thread! What a blessing it is to see everyone singing His praises!

recluse1

KathyM 04-05-2008 09:02 AM

I'm rarely ever able to get out to see God, so I have to rely on hearing God. My favorite form of connection has always been to watch the sunrise over Lake Michigan, followed by a walk in the woods. Now I just watch my "house" rise (dark to light) as I listen to the birds come to life, starting with the robbins. I like to spend a little quiet time of reflection, gratitude for the gift of life, and prayers for strength and whatever resources I need to make it through another day. :)

This morning the birds put on a beautiful concert for me as the sun rose. When it was over, I turned on my radio - just as the song "Sunshine" by John Denver began to play. :)

That song has a very special meaning to me. I can close my eyes and remember how beautiful sunshine looks on the water, and how it can warm painful shoulders. I can think back on my days having "fun in the sun" in my youth. I can think about the people I care about and wish them my very best. :)

It also brings me back to a single day when I was a teenager, with my best friend who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease at the age of 24 and died at the age of 26. :(

We were 16 years old. Both of us saved up our money and bought guitars. I thought I was pretty good because I learned all the chords quickly. I went to my friend's house, and she wanted to show me what she had learned. That song (Sunshine) came on the radio. She picked up her guitar and started picking and strumming to the song. I was amazed at her talent - it's just not something you learn in a book. :o

When the song was over, we hopped on our bikes and headed out to the woods to meet up with some friends. It was a beautiful day. :)

This morning made my heart smile. Didn't see Him, but I heard him. :cool: