NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Pets are therapeutic and lifesavers: (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/42863-pets-therapeutic-lifesavers.html)

tjsmith890 04-04-2008 10:24 PM

Pets are therapeutic and lifesavers:

In July of 2007, I my legs went numb and by September of 2007 I was unable to work. I was insufferable pain. I learned in October 2007 that I have Small Fiber Peripheral (Diabetic) Neuropathy. The one reason and the only I got out of bed was my cats. I would wake up to sandpaper kisses from Kiva or Kyley would be sitting on my chest purring. I thought was the rescuer when I took them in October of 2006. Little did I know that the girls would be my lifesavers a year later. As many of you know nerve pain can make you about not going. At that time my cats give me reason to go on.

P.S.
Now Kyley is no longer the cute little kitten that wakes me up with purrs. She head-butts awake but I love her.

Kiva the diva cat
Kyley the wonder cat
Tracy the human

Doody 04-05-2008 06:37 PM

((Tracy)) Aren't cats just wonderful? They just seem to know when their owner is not feeling well and hover around with purrs, headbutts and kisses. I know it comforts me too. :hug:

mrsD 04-06-2008 07:33 AM

my cats....

well, I guess I have bad luck. I only had one cat years ago who was demonstrative like that.

My 3 now only see me as a FOOD dispenser. In fact they have started to
tap my fingers now, to encourage MORE FOOD... The two worst want, chicken, etc (we have left over the night before). I swear they can smell it thru the frig.

They eat their Eukanuba kibble, and 2 cans of soft daily... but the pestering for
MORE special food continues! None of them are fat and none are ill. That has been checked thoroughly. They are just having entitlement issues.
Now that the weather is better, Oreo is eating chipmunks again, so I don't have to worry about her so much. The two old ones are just getting senile I guess.

mrsD 04-06-2008 08:32 AM

don't miss this:

Therapeutic eagle story:

Doody 04-06-2008 11:14 AM

Yes, those cats just keep wanting more and more of the good stuff! One of my cats is particularly gentle and attentive. She's my senior citizen. It's much like the eagle story. She was dying and we fought to make her better for weeks. Force feeding her, carrying her to the litter box. And we finally set a date for ending her misery. That day she showed up in the kitchen and started to eat. She's given back over and over since that time, always with me when I don't feel well.

tjsmith890 04-08-2008 12:25 PM

Your write they wonderful.

tjsmith890 04-08-2008 12:30 PM

I sorry to hear that you have had bad luck. :( I was very lucky with finding my two girls. Believe it or not this is the first time owning cats. I love them so much and feel they really have given me hope.