NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Good o'le Friday April 11, 2008 (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/43320-ole-friday-april-11-2008-a.html)

Fancylady_2006 04-11-2008 04:34 AM

Good o'le Friday April 11, 2008

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...6/spring-3.jpg
Good Moring all, I am half asleep that I am sure of. Didn't go to bed until 12:30 this morning and up at 4:30. My hours are killing me. Can sleep later today, I think. I have a patient to see before noon and also IM'ing. Not much going on. I am so afraid this Airplane thingie, is going to affect Benny coming home. It sounds like a lot of planes are being pulled from the air. Will be checking later on. I don't think a person can do nothing about it either. Its got me to eating, as if that will help. lol

I'll try to get back in later today. Sorry about yesterday. It has rained and rained. Stay strong, take cinnamon, and drink water, and watch diet!. 'k.
Hugs,
Billie:winky:

bizi 04-11-2008 09:38 AM

Thanks billie for the pep talk and I hope that your benny gets home as soon as possible.
bizi

froglady 04-11-2008 11:59 AM

Hang on Billie he'll get here. Bless your heart I know how excited you are and I do hope he comes soon. Wouldn't it be fun to meet him at the airport! You could have a nice trip to wherever he lives, and then get to see him at last. Wow that would be such fun. go for it girl.:hug:

nancy-h 04-11-2008 12:38 PM

I'm Home!

Hi Ladies;

Well, my surgery to redo the Spinal Cord Stimulator implantation went well. I went in on Tuesday and they were actually on schedule - there is a first time for everything!

I spent the night in the hospital which was frustrating. The nurses knew about neuropathy as a side effect of diabetes only. I had to tell them that I was not a diabetic but did suffer from idiopathic neuropathy. The nurses tried to be nice but it was a nitemare being there and I was so glad to get out the following day at 2 p.m.
Everything went wrong - no meds were ordered, food order was wrong, had a terrible time checking out, etc.

Yesterday I was basically exhausted and slept all day. Hubby is trying hard to take care of me and the housework. Maybe he will get an idea of what I do during my days! :p I feel stronger today but the pain is worse this time due to the fact that they attached the wires directly to my spinal cord. I have to sleep on my side. A couple more days and I should be good!

Hope you are all well. Billie, I will be thinking of you and your honey. He will be home for a hug before you know it!

Love to all,
Nancy H.

Alffe 04-11-2008 02:56 PM

So glad the surgery is behind you Nancy-h...oh my..that didn't come out right. :o I'm glad it's over! Sorry you are having pain but it's good to let hubby wait on you hand and foot. *grin

I have been so bad today...had a piece of sourdough bread with my bacon and eggs and had a plate of mexican food for lunch....My jeans feel tighter already. ~sigh

I think I'll just skip dinner.

froglady 04-11-2008 05:03 PM

Glad your ordeal in the hospital is over and really really glad your home and pray the implant works perfectly for you nancy. :hug: froggie

Jomar 04-11-2008 05:17 PM

Nancy,
I hope it it works well for you.
Errgghh , nothing like a bad hospital stay...:(

Dmom3005 04-11-2008 06:51 PM

Sending all a hello, have a great weekend.

Donna

Fancylady_2006 04-11-2008 06:54 PM

So glad Nancy to hear from you. You sound like my problems, only mine all came from after the surgery, not during. I spent a night in the hospital also and did have some trouble with it. As it turned out know body knew how to work the stimulater either. They had to sit down and read it. I was getting shocked. This kept up even after I was home. I hope you don't have that trouble.

I went shopping this evening. Got a few things I wanted in the way of clothes & shoes. You sure can spend a lot in a very short time.

I never did get to talk with Benny today. He came on while I was with patient. My guess is, he is trying to finish up so he can come to me. It was a beautiful day. We don't have plans yet Gaye, as how to meet. Hope Don is better.:hug:

dorrie 04-11-2008 09:54 PM

Hi All...quick check in.....down 2 pounds!!!:)