NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Having Gallbladder Out Monday (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/43372-gallbladder-monday.html)

Friend2U 04-12-2008 01:07 AM

Having Gallbladder Out Monday

Dear Friends,

I had been having the sx of ms hug, but recently have also been having some severe pain in my abdomen that seemed worse and different. So I did what I had learned from reading what all of you smart NT folks have said... and that is to not take for granted that everything is just the ms. My neuro was very smart and on top of things and wanted me to see my PCP and perhaps have follow-up to check my gallbladder. So that is exactly what I did. And sure enough it was not JUST the ms hug. They did an x-ray and ultra-sound of my gallbladder and found 3 stones. I like that my doctors seem pro-active. They are removing the gallbladder Monday morning. He does not want to take the chance of waiting too long and having it turn into an emergency. The way it has felt a few nights, I don't want to take that risk either.

But I just want to say, had it not been for what I have learned from you all, I probably would still be biting the 'ole bullet and putting up with the extra pain. This is a wonderful caring community! :grouphug: I have been blessed!

:hug::hug: Hugs to all of you! :hug::hug:

weegot5kiz 04-12-2008 01:25 AM

:hug:good move always better to be safe than sorry. Godspeed on your recovery, you should be back in no time. Just take your time and heal well and slowly, remember no over doing it.

soxmom 04-12-2008 09:34 AM

Im glad you had it checked out. Good luck on Monday. My sister in law
had hers removed and was home the next afternoon. You will do great.

Sox

lady_express_44 04-12-2008 09:41 AM

It can be confusing to "listen to our bodies" when they are talking gibberish most of the time . . . but I'm glad you didn't take the symptoms for granted. My doc is great about checking everything else first too.

Good luck on your surgery.

Cherie

SallyC 04-12-2008 09:46 AM

Welcome to the club, Sox. It seems that many of us with MS have to have our Gull Bladders removed.

Here's hoping you have the simple lazer operation. I had the cut me open, long version and it took 6 weeks to recover.:eek: A friend had the simple operation and was back bowling in less than a week.

I'll be thinking of you Monday and sending a Prayer that all goes well. :hug:

AfterMyNap 04-12-2008 09:47 AM

Oh, bummer! But good, it's good to see that you had your head on straight and got some guidance. But, what a drag. But, good that it will end your pain. Life is such a crapshoot!

Hope it goes well, I'll be praying for your speedy recovery. :hug:

Taffy 04-12-2008 10:57 AM

Sorry you going to have the old galls out! You did all the right stuff...going to the Doc and all. Mend fast now! :hug:

SandyC 04-12-2008 11:52 AM

Will say a prayer for a fast and successful surgery. My sister had her gallbladder out and she was home the same day. I wish the same for you.

beautytransforming 04-12-2008 12:42 PM

I had mine out in 2001, 1 year after my first attack (which I though was just stress). It was really an easy surgery. Besides the gas pain, from the C02 that they pump into you, I felt so much better than I did before surgery cause my GB was making me feel like I was having a heart attack every night.

Good luck to you!!

MSacorn 04-12-2008 01:42 PM

Good job getting that issue investigated. I'm sorry you are having surgery, but it sounds like a good plan.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to you now. Good luck with the surgery on Monday, and recover at your own pace.

:hug: